Medical Assistant, CityMD (Multiple NJ Locations)
The Medical Assistant is responsible for:
• Assisting the physician with basic patient care and medical procedures
• Capturing accurate and detailed documentation of the encounter into the EMR in a timely manner
• Assisting Site Managers with directing patient flow, inventory, and following up on labs
• Ensuring site lab compliance with Department of Health (DOH) Regulations
(including the duties and responsibilities as stated in the CityMD Scope of Practice for Medical Assistants and Scribes):
• Assisting the physician with medical procedures within the Medical Assistant (MA) Scope of Practice, which may include but is not limited to: external laboratory specimens, UA, EKG, procedure set ups, etc.
• Ensuring Department of Health (DOH) compliance of site lab and exam rooms which may include but is not limited to: logbook maintenance, checking for expired medications and supplies, proper handling of specimen etc.
• Being able to fully document in the EMR on multiple patients per hour on average
• Facilitating any necessary diagnostic tests (e.g., CT, MRI, ultrasounds, etc.) and referrals to medical specialists for follow-up care via Aftercare
• Communicating with patients, pharmacies, and physicians over the phone under provider guidance
• Assisting the licensed practitioner, under the direct and personal supervision of the licensed practitioner, with CLIA waived tests for which training has been provided as well as EKGs, and acting as a second set of hands for limb stability for sling assistance
• Ensuring the site is fully stocked with supplies
• Helping maintain a clean, courteous, and professional working environment
• Providing compassionate care to our patients
• Assisting with training and acclimation of new hire Medical Assistants and Scribes
• If Internal Candidate – must be in good performance and company policy standing
• A High School Degree or GED
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting program, with Certified (CM) Medical Assistant credential preferred and/or phlebotomy and EKG certifications
• 4-¬6 months experience as a Medical Assistant
• Able to conduct EKGs
• Comfortable with phlebotomy, preferably over 100 blood draws
• Experience performing rapid bedside tests preferred ex: UA, finger stick, rapid mono etc.
• Knowledge of third party payor requirements preferred
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Strong aptitude for detail, and ability to work independently, required
• Have functional and practical knowledge of various computer systems
• Happy and positive thinking, able to project this attitude around others
• Must exhibit passion for outstanding results and compassion for those we work with and serve
• Flexible & adaptable nature to work in a continuously evolving team environment
• Excellent communication and bedside manner
• Bilingual language skills required or preferred based on site location.
The job may require from time to time to lift light to moderate amounts of weight (e.g., boxes of medical/facility supplies). Heavy computer use required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K with a company match.
To Apply: Please email resume to Dmacera@citymd.net