Medical Assistant - Rendr (Manhattan, NY (and surrounding area)
Who We Are:
“With a mission to provide world-class healthcare to the underserved Asian community, Rendr is the leading primary care focused, multi-specialty physician group dedicated to serving the Asian population in New York City. Our over 200 providers take care of the health of approximately 200,000 patients at more than 100 clinical offices throughout Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and Nassau County.”
Reports to: Site Manager
Location: various locations available across, Staten Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens
Job position: Medical Assistant
Medical Assistants are an integral part of delivering kind and compassionate care and optimizing patient experience. They direct patient flow in and out of exam rooms and provide support to providers by assisting in medical procedures and examinations.
· Provide back up support for the medical assistant team, which includes all functions of a medical assistant.
· Assist in the supervision of work and performance of clinic staff including reception, medical assistants and other support staff, as instructed, including input for performance reviews and corrective action plans as needed.
· Oversee and train new and existing staff along with the clinic manager.
· Assist with intake, financial screening, and set-up for patient visits. 5. Assist with the training of medical and lab assistants, and volunteer staff on health education, laboratory, and dispensary services. Assist in providing on-going supervision to same staff.
· Work alongside providers in the exam room to provide care.
· Measure and record vital signs, height, and weight for patients.
· Obtain chief complaint and gather medical history information from patient prior to being seen by provider.
· Perform basic clinical duties and procedures, including, but not limited to, blood draws, vital signs, preparing vaccines, recording EKGs, glucose monitoring, collecting urine samples, influenza testing, pregnancy tests, vision/hearing tests, etc.
· Prepare exam room for patient visit ensuring that medical supplies are well stocked.
· Clean and sterilize instruments.
· Perform duties to help improve quality measures which may include identifying care gaps, calling patients for follow up, documentation, etc.
· Help maintain clinic compliance & protocols, such as freezer setting, biohazards, sharps, cleaning, infection protocols, etc.
· Bilingual in English and Chinese required
· Phlebotomist certification required.
· High level of professionalism and strong sense of responsibility.
· Good communication skills: kind, compassionate, patient interaction with patients and team.
· Multitasking ability.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Prior experience working in medical/clinical setting preferred
· Familiarity with MDLand is a plus
Job Location: Manhattan, NY (and surrounding area)
Salary Range: $16.00-$23.00 per hr
Standard benefits including (see https://myrendrbenefits.com/ for more information on insured benefits)
o 12 Paid Time Off (PTO)
o 8 Paid Holidays
o 1 Paid Floating Holiday(s)
o Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
o Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
o Tax Advantaged Savings, Transportation, and Parking Accounts
o 401k Plan with a Rendr Match
How To Apply: send resumes to email@example.com