P-T Swim Instructor &/or Front Desk, Goldfish Swim School Middletown (Red Bank)
Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for anyone who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Valuable work experience
Increased social opportunities
Ability to work with children
Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Swim Instructor
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
Evaluates students’ progress, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
Uses problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork.
Performs Deck Teacher duties as needed.
Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours.
Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare providerpreferred. Two or more years as a swimming instructor preferred. Swimming experience preferred.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Job Title: Front Desk Customer Service Representative
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Promotes quality customer service and processes sales and registration transactions. Acts as the first point of contact for potential and current Goldfish customers and as such is responsible for presenting a positive image for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Answers telephones, responds to inquiries, takes messages and screens and directs phone calls in a professional manner.
2. Processes student registrations using effective sales/customer service techniques.
3. Schedules and manages birthday/pool parties. Supervises birthday party staff.
4. Resolves customer concerns/complaints using a professional approach.
5. Assists clients with purchases of merchandise and vending.
6. Greets parents and students as they report to the front desk. Checks in students on the attendance tracking system.
7. Maintains cleanliness of the front desk area, snack shack area, changing areas, restrooms, and observation area.
8. Monitors snack shack area and provides guidance to snack shack staff.
9. Checks voicemail and email correspondence and responds in a timely manner.
10. Updates informational displays with accurate and timely promotions and literature.
11. Provides occasional administrative support for management personnel to include the General Manager, and the Asst. General Manager.
12. Makes collection calls to resolve open account problems.
13. Prepares twice daily student lesson schedules for use by instructors and management staff.
14. Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Administers first aid when necessary. 15. Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Employer from time to time.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED. Some college preferred. Two years previous customer service and/or administrative office experience preferred. Intermediate level computer skills preferred using Word, Excel and other software systems. Certifications and licenses: CPR, First Aid and AED certification preferred.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org