Pharmacy Tech – Entry Level, Farmingdale Pharmacy (Farmingdale)
Looking for a dependable Pharmacy Technician who possesses customer service skills and is able to process and fill prescriptions. The candidate will undertake other tasks under the direction of a pharmacist to ensure the pharmacy operations runs smoothly. As a pharmacy technician you must be detail-oriented and reliable since the job has high responsibility. You must possess excellent communication skills as well as aptitude in using computers. Required training will be provided for the computer system and pharmacy tech responsibilities.
• Greet customers and answer questions
• Receive prescriptions from customers and gather required information to process it
• Handle customer calls for refills and over the counter requests
• Process prescriptions electronically and ensure all information is complete and accurate
• Resolve issues when they arise (e.g. rejected insurance claims)
• Select the appropriate medicine and measure dosages to fill prescriptions
• Sort, stock, label medication and monitor inventory
• Undertake administrative tasks (e.g.record-keeping) as assigned
• Comply with all security measures and quality standards
• Retail customer service experience preferably in medical profession.
• Experience with an online prescription system is a plus
• Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Reliable with a keen eye for detail
Job Type: Full-time with flexible schedule
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
How to Apply: On indeed at https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=b7c499371bf2ac73&from=native or by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call Farmingdale Pharmacy @ 732-938-9051 with any questions.