Pharmacy Technicians, CentraState Healthcare System (Freehold)
FT and per diem opportunities available.
• Prepares patient specific medications to be ready for dispensing in a timely and accurate manner within established department standards.
• Prepares and delivers medications for the automated dispensing cabinets and for the floor stock process.
• Consistently demonstrates good aseptic technique and prepares sterile preparations in a timely and accurate manner within the USP 797 and USP 800 requirements.
• Answers phones and delivers medications in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
Inventory Management / Repackaging
• Assists with the appropriate ordering and the rotation of medications to minimize carrying costs and unnecessary waste.
• Repackages and batches medication in a timely and accurate manner.
• Checks PAR levels and expiration dates of medications inside and outside of the department and provides the appropriate documentation.
Quality / Performance Improvement
• Actively participates in quality and performance improvement initiatives in the department.
• Assists the Pharmacists, Lead Technician and Manager with operational needs and projects.
Regulatory / Professional Standards
• Complies with regulatory and professional standards.
• Provides recommendations on improvement in this area.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Work Experience
1 year of Pharmacy experience preferred
Pharmacy Technician License in the state of New Jersey
CPCT Certification Required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong professional, organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team and patients. Proficiency in Word® and Excel®.
To Apply: Go to centrastatejobs.com; keyword Search Pharmacy Technician.