Plaintiff Litigation Paralegal, Keefe Law Firm (Red Bank)
|Job Title:||Plaintiff Litigation Paralegal, Keefe Law Firm (Red Bank)|
This is a part-time (flex hours) temporary position to fill a need while litigation paralegal employee is out on maternity leave. Our office has all necessary COVID19 safety precautions in place: masks, daily health monitoring, social distancing, closed kitchen and common areas, plexi-glass barriers on paralegal cubicles.
Primary Responsibilities - Litigation paralegal to support plaintiff personal injury litigation. Support for 4 litigation attorneys, approximately 50 files in various states of pre-suit, investigation, discovery, litigation, and settlement.
Must have knowledge of Needles Case Management and Worldox Document Management Software.
PC and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with excellent typing skills a must. Must be familiar with Word features, such as mail merge, and Adobe, such as editing pdf documents.
Paralegal Certificate is not required. BA or BS degree and experience in an office environment preferred.
Ideal Candidate Description: Must be able to manage/support a large volume of cases from intake to resolution.
The Ideal Candidate must be:
• a critical thinker;
• proactive and able to look for creative solutions to problems;
• capable of taking direction and able to work with limited supervision;
• high-powered, organized, independent and self-motivated professional;
• ORGANIZED, professional, timely, resourceful.
Litigation Responsibilities: All aspects of managing their own case load from intake to trial. Including: obtaining and reviewing medical records; first author drafting of settlement brochures; analyzing liability and damages; arbitration/mediation statements; motions and complaints; discovery requests; direct communications with clients, experts, insurance adjusters and defense counsel; trial preparation.
• Experience in the plaintiff personal injury arena
• Work very closely with top litigation partner and team specializing in plaintiff personal injury, catastrophic injury, and wrongful death matters
• Analyze policy coverage limits, provisions, exclusions and endorsements for personal injury
• Drafting standard pleadings, and discovery documents
• Assisting with all phases of pre-litigation and litigation; including motion practice, discovery, trial preparation, file analysis, and research
• Case calendar management
Salary: $35 - $40 an hour
To apply: Please send resume for review to Office Manager: Kathy Dart @ email@example.com