Teller, OceanFirst Bank (Brick)
OceanFirst Bank in Brick is seeking a Teller.
Accurately process Bank transactions for banking customers with an emphasis on personalized quality service. Refer current and prospective customers to Personal Bankers for specialized services. Contribute to the growth, profitability, and customer retention of the Branch by meeting sales and service goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greets customers warmly and professionally and processes requested transactions accurately to ensure minimum teller difference and controllable loss performance standards are achieved.
2. Identifies customer needs to refer to Personal Banker staff, cross-selling the Bank’s products and services on a routine basis to meet and exceed referral goals.
3. Balances and proves work daily, posting as required, and properly secures related receipts and records. Includes the work of cash drawers, night deposit, vault, ATM and coin machines.
4. Processes deposits and withdrawals.
5. Cashes checks in accordance with Bank’s policy.
6. Processes loan payments and other receivables.
7. Issues money orders and bank checks.
8. Processes payments to various “club” accounts.
9. Identifies and refers potential NEST clients to the appropriate source.
10. Participates in outbound calling efforts and is reasonably proficient in migrating customers to the digital channels of the Bank.
11. Processes incoming mail transactions.
12. Answers customer inquiries, received in person or by telephone concerning account information, or refers customer to appropriate branch or Bank area.
13. Performs account maintenance activities for active, inactive, and closed savings accounts and/or club accounts.
14. Provides records maintenance for signature cards; identification cards; comparable office records, including selected account ledgers, as applicable.
15. Remains current and applies an understanding on all Bank policies and procedures, to include BSA, attending additional training classes as directed.
16. Participates in the Branch Incentive Program.
• Excellent service, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to focus on customers’ needs promptly in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to cross-sell Bank products.
• Detail oriented and highly accurate with the ability to multi-task.
• Basic personal computer user skills and ability to be trained to efficiently operate banking system.
• Strong basic math ability.
• Must be able to work flexible schedules in accordance with the needs of the branch.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of 1-year prior cash handling, with previous teller related experience preferred.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
• Internal contact with inter-branch personnel.
• External contact with existing business and retail customers.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Ability to communicate in order to exchange information with individual customers. Ability to travel throughout the company footprint if required. Ability to navigate throughout the branch to facilitate customer requests and meet operational standards. Ability to operate a computer, phone and operationally essential equipment as required. Ability to handle money and position self to transport coin bags and boxes.
Salary: $25K – $40K
– Medical and RX
– Flexible spending account
– Life / AD&D insurance
– Short and long-term disability
– Commuter benefit program
– Retirement plans
– Employee stock ownership plan
– Employee assistance program
– Emergency travel assistance and identity theft protection