Beginning August 16, 2021, the Library will be open. Please note that Library access is restricted to Brookdale students, faculty, and staff only. We will provide on-site library services, and continue some COVID-19-era services. Learn more…
Curbside Pick-up of Library Materials
Students will be able to request materials from the Library’s catalog, and pick them up outside the main entrance of the Library building from designated Book Carts. Here is the process:
- Student uses the Library catalog to find materials and clicks the REQUEST button to select an item.
- Library staff will process the request and call the student when the materials are available for pickup.
- Student will arrange a time with library staff for pickup, which may occur:
- Mondays: 10am — 1:30pm
- Wednesdays: 2pm — 5:30pm
- Student parks in Lot 5 and follows the signs to the Library pickup location outside the sliding doors to the Bankier Library building.
- If there is an issue, such as a wrong or missing book, students should call the Circulation Desk at (732) 224-2935 so the Library Associate can instruct the student as to next steps.
- Student is to leave the area while the associate corrects the issues.
- Library Associate will bring the materials back to the book cart and then call the student back to retrieve materials.
- Please note the Bankier Library will not charge overdue fines for materials borrowed before the COVID-19 closure, we just ask for you to return our items. Normal borrowing rules apply once again this semester.
Curbside Return of Library Materials at the Bankier Library Book Drop
- Beginning the week of October 12, 2020, all library materials can be returned using the Bankier Library Book Drop, located at the top of the path to the library, in front of Lot 5.
- This book drop is for library books only. Please do not confuse the library with the bookstore!
While we are closed, Research Help is still available!
- Students can make appointments to virtually meet with librarians.
- Chat with a librarian or email us your questions.
- Research help will be available to students between 10 am – 8 pm Mondays through Wednesdays, 10 am – 7 pm on Thursdays, 10 am – 2 pm on Fridays, and 10 am – 4 pm on Saturdays in the Fall semester. Librarians will be available via Zoom, chat, email, phone and in-person.
Remote Resources for Students
All of our databases, eBooks, streaming videos and online journals remain available as usual.
- Research Starting Points
- Databases and Articles
- eBook Collections
- Streaming Video Resources
- Research Guides (LibGuides)
Additional Resources (We have worked with many information providers and publishers to get additional online resources. All these resources are provided to us free of charge.)
- ProQuest Coronavirus Research Database brings together trusted content from journals, preprints, conference proceedings, dissertations and more related to COVID-19 and other coronaviruses.
- ProQuest Publicly Available Content Database brings together or links to full text for publicly available scholarly content from a number of different sources from around the world.
- Project MUSE: Open Access Content
- COVID-19 news and research from the Science Journals.
Please reach out to the Library if you have any questions.