Office 365 for Brookdale Employees
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is Microsoft’s hosted collaboration and productivity suite of applications. Office 365 includes access to the web and mobile versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote and as well as OneDrive, the cloud file storage. With Office 365, you can work from anywhere, on any device and seamlessly collaborate and share documents.
What are the benefits of Office 365?
- Cost Benefits
- An Enterprise subscription to Office 365 costs less per user than installing the same tools on premises. The subscription also includes data storage and archiving, thus reducing the hardware, software, network and maintenance costs.
- IT Benefits
- With the Enterprise Office 365 Subscription and Saas (Software as a Service), new features, updates, and patches are rolled out regularly, in real-time and occur automatically in the background. There is no need for system downtime for maintenance and upgrade purposes. Also, a 99.9% uptime is guaranteed by Microsoft.
- Business Benefits
- As a cloud service, Office 365 allows employees to have access to the tools and information they need it when they need it. Office 365 web based applications, personal One Drive storage, and mobile applications ensure that employee can access their files and share their files from any device, anywhere. Faculty and students can seamlessly collaborate and share files.
- Student and Employee Benefits
- Brookdale Employees and Students can download five personal copies of either Office Professional for the PC or Mac OR Office Mobile Apps for Smartphones & Tablets.