Unified Communications – Cisco Phone System
Unified communications (UC) refers to the integration of communication tools that help people communicate and collaborate seamlessly with various devices. The UC technology platform integrates communication tools, like IP telephony, instant messaging, web conferencing, audio, and video. The goal of unified communications is to integrate the software that supports synchronous and asynchronous communication, so the end-user has easy access to all tools from whatever computing device they may choose to use while on campus.
Faculty and Staff
Log into the web based Unified Communication Self Care Portal to:
- Set-up Call Forwarding
- Set-up voicemail notifications
- Change phone settings
- Add and manage speed dial contacts
- Cisco Telephone Quick Reference Guide (PDF) – IP Telephone Models: 7821,7841 and 7861
- Cisco Telephone Set Quick Start Guide (PDF) – Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series
- Cisco Telephone Quick Start Guide 8945 (PDF) – Cisco IP Phone 8945 Series
- Cisco Agents Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Supervisor Handout (PDF)
- Cisco Unity Voicemail Guide (PDF)
- Cisco Finesse Supervisor Training (video)
- Cisco Finesse Agent Training (video)
- Self Care Portal (login)
- Self Care Portal Documentation (PDF)
If you have an issue or request related to this service, the Brookdale Office of Information Technology’s Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The IT Help Desk can be reached by any of the following methods:
- Create a Support Ticket: Using self-service to open a ticket gives you the flexibility to check on the status and add comments on a ticket and is the preferred method.
- Select the Help Desk icon from the MyBrookdale Quicklaunch to create a support ticket. Log in with your Brookdale email and NetID password.
- E-mail: HelpDesk@brookdalecc.edu
- Call (732) 224-2829: Used for emergency issues that require immediate assistance.