Student Ambassadors are the public face of the College. They work with the community, campus employees, and students while always demonstrating respect, teamwork, cooperation, integrity, courteousness, and professional behavior.
The Student Ambassadors are trained student-leader employees who represent Brookdale in a variety of ways:
- Staffing information desks at the Warner Student Life Center and CAR (Center for Admissions & Registration) building
- Providing support for a wide range of events and activities sponsored by the departments of Student Life and Recruitment Services
- Acting as the small group leaders at new student orientation
- Leading college tours
Apply Now to be an Ambassador
Stand out from the crowd and apply now to be a Student Ambassador. Once your application is complete, submit it to the Recruitment Services Office. Recruitment Services reviews all applications on an ongoing basis.
A candidate to be a Student Ambassador must:
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (may be waived for first year students)
- Be willing to commit to an agreed-upon schedule for at least one semester
- Be registered for at least 6 credits in the semester
- Have completed at least on 15-week semester or a total of 12 credits (may be waived for first year students)
- Be willing to adhere to the Ambassador Dress Code and present a well-groomed and professional appearance
- Be able to participate in Fall and Winter training as well as the weekly team meeting
For an employment application and complete job description, please visit www.collegecentral.com through Information for Students.
Student Ambassador Leadership Institute (SALI)
The Student Ambassador Leadership Institute (SALI) is a supplemental training experience that compliments the training that Ambassadors receive in their assigned work areas. SALI provides training sessions in areas that will be beneficial not only in the Ambassador position, but also in the students’ personal and professional lives beyond Brookdale.
Training sessions are mandatory for Ambassadors and are scheduled during the weekly team meeting. Trainings may be opened to other students on a limited basis. Check the Student Life and Activities newsletter The Happenings for information and announcements regarding open leadership training sessions.
Program Supervisors in Recruitment Services – Revé Anderko & Kristin Worthley
Office: CAR 101