Donate to Brookdale


What are University Partnerships?

Brookdale has University Partnerships with three of New Jersey’s premier institutions: Georgian Court University, New Jersey City University, and Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. These partnerships allow Monmouth County students to pursue associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees right in the county. Complete your associate degree at Brookdale and apply to transfer into a bachelor’s degree program offered on one of Brookdale’s campuses. Already have a bachelor’s degree? Apply directly into one of our graduate programs.

Do I start at Brookdale?

Brookdale offers the first and second year courses required to earn an associate degree, which then transfers to specific bachelor’s degrees offered by one of our University Partners. The partner colleges offer the third and fourth year of the bachelor’s degree and the degree is granted by the partner college.

Who are the University Partners and what Brookdale campus are they located at?

The University Partners are:

Georgian Court University, located at Brookdale at Hazlet

New Jersey City University, located at Brookdale at Wall

Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, located at Brookdale at Freehold

Do all of the partners offer the same degrees?

No, one of the great things about having different partner universities is that each one offers different degree paths. The degrees offered by our Partners change in response to student demand. For up to date degree offerings, go HERE

How do I apply?

  • If you have not completed your associate degree, apply to Brookdale and notify your Academic Advisor that you are interested in our University Partnerships.
  • If you have already earned your associate degree, you should apply directly to the college that offers the bachelor’s degree of your choice.
  • Likewise, if you have earned your bachelor’s degree, you should apply directly to the college that offers the master’s degree of your choice.
  • If you have some previous college credit and are not sure of your next steps, please contact the University Partnerships office to speak to an Advisor.

How early in my college career should I apply to transfer into a University Partnership program?

If you are interested in any of Georgian Court University or New Jersey City University’s bachelor’s degrees, you can apply for Dual Admission as early as your first semester at Brookdale. Dual Admissions guarantees a seamless transition between Brookdale and either Georgian Court University or New Jersey City University. To learn more about Dual Admissions, click here. For all other programs, you would apply to transfer in your last semester at Brookdale.

As a Brookdale graduate, am I guaranteed admission into a University Partnership program?

Yes, provided you have:

  • Taken the required courses
  • Achieved the required grade point average as set by the partner institution
  • Met all the admissions requirements of the individual school
  • Met the application deadline

How do I know which courses will transfer to my selected University Partner?

Students who have already completed their associate degree or who have prior college credits will receive a transcript evaluation after acceptance to the University Partner of their choice.

What is the tuition?

While you are at Brookdale earning your associate degree, you will pay our stated tuition & fees. Once you complete your degree and transfer to one of our University Partners, you will pay the tuition of the partner school.

Is there financial aid available?

We encourage all students to fill out the FAFSA to determine eligibility. Go to for information.