This guide is designed as an introduction to the copyright information for Brookdale Community College Community. The primary focus of this guide is to provide basic information on the copyright and fair use laws. It also focuses on commonly asked questions about copyrighted materials for library reserve and classroom distribution. For additional information about these and other copyright topics, please click on the appropriate links below.
- Copyright Law of 1976, as amended and revised July 2001
- Copyright Basics
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998
- Fair use checklist
- Fair use of copyrighted materials
- Copyright in the library
- CONFU: the conference on fair use
- Code of best practices in fair use for online video
- Know your copy rights – What you can do: tips for faculty & teaching assistants in higher education
- Know your copy rights (One page chart)
- Using copyrighted works in your teaching – FAQ
- 10 big myths about copyright explained
- Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States
- Using materials from the Internet
- Copyright Renewal Database – Stanford (1950-1992 renewals)
- Copyright clearance center
- Getting permission
- Teaching Copyright
- Bankier Library electronic reserves: guidelines for aculty
- Bankier Library print & multimedia reserves: guideline for faculty
- Citing your sources: APA style – online
- Citing your sources: MLA style – online
- Electronic reference style manuals
- Guide to citation styles
- 101 questions about copyright law.
by Andrew Alpern.
Mineola, N.Y. : Dover Publications, 1999.
- Commonsense copyright : a guide for educators and librarians.
by R.S. Talab.
Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., 1999.
Edition 2nd ed.
- Copyright plain & simple / by Cheryl Besenjak.
Franklin Lakes, NJ : Career Press, c2001.
- Digital copyright : protecting intellectual property on the Internet … / Jessica Litman.
by Jessica Littman
Amherst, N.Y. : Prometheus Books, 2001.
- Intellectual freedom manual / compiled by the Office for Intellectual Freedom of the American Library Association.
by Office of Intellectual Freedom
Chicago : American Library Association, 2002.
- The library’s legal answer book / Mary Minow, Tomas A. Lipinski.
by Mary Minow.
Chicago : American Library Association, 2003.
- Building a working policy for distance education.
Connie L. Dillon, Rosa Cintron, editors.
San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 1997.
LB2328.N473 no. 99