STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS & HONORING COMMUNITY LEADERS
The event is named in honor of the late Sgt. Wilbur Ray who was a long-time and devoted member of the Brookdale Community College police force and an active volunteer in the Long Branch community. His example of public service serves as the inspiration for the program which celebrates significant contributions by county residents and organizations that, while substantial, do not always result in public recognition.
The Wilbur Ray Scholarship Awards Dinner is held annually, each spring, to celebrate diversity and the importance of civic engagement by students and professionals who attend the college and/or work within the communities served by Brookdale Community College. Proceeds from the dinner support the Wilbur Ray Scholarship Program which has distributed numerous scholarships to students over its 35 year history.
In 2020, Brookdale will celebrate the 35th Annual Wilbur Ray Scholarship Dinner on Friday, April 3rd. Email Mstathum@brookdalecc.edu for more information.
- One $1000 Annual Scholarship to an incoming Monmouth County high school graduate to attend Brookdale Community College
- Four $500 Scholarships for a currently enrolled Brookdale student
- Scholarship funds are credited to the student’s account at Brookdale to be used to cover tuition, fees or books
Click here to view photos of previous honorees.
- Monmouth County resident and high school/GED graduates
- Ethnic Minority Student
- Completed a Brookdale Community College application, planning to register as a full-time student in the fall of 2018
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- Evidence of financial need
- Career interest in law enforcement and/or related field may have preference
- Available to be interviewed by the scholarship committee