Nursing Technology Requirements
1. The Nursing Program uses online delivery of some course information, including syllabi, assignments, lecture materials, emails, discussion groups, quizzes, and testing.
2. Networked computers are available in both the Bankier Library and the Health Science Institute Computer Lab for student use. The College also has limited number of computers available to borrow. Zoom and CANVAS can be accessed from any network device.
3. Students enrolled in any NURS course are expected to be able to:
- Use a web browser and word processor
- Enter data
- Send and receive email
- Locate a file and upload it to a drop box
- Copy and paste
- Use spell check
4. Some courses may use online proctored exams. The student testing remotely will need access to a desktop or laptop with:
- The ability to download Google Chrome
- Internal or external microphone
- Internal or external web cam with a 320 X 240 VAG minimum resolution
- At least 2GB free RAM and 250 MG of free disk space
- Internet speed 0.092 – 0.244 mbps
For technical assistance between 8 AM and 6 PM Monday through Friday, please contact the Teaching and Learning Center, (732) 224-2089 (email@example.com). After hours and on the weekend, please contact the Brookdale Help Desk, (732) 224-2829 (helpdesk@Brookdalecc.edu). All course content questions should be directed to the course instructor.