“And the day came when the risk to remain in a tight bud was more painful that the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin.
Are you facing loss of income due to divorce, death, separation from or disability of a spouse or long-term live-in partner, and need to become head of household?
You Are Not Alone!
Displaced Homemakers Services at Brookdale Community College offers you free, confidential, holistic, customized help to enable you to reach your full potential. Our services include:
- Personal coaching and emotional support
- Peer support group where you have a safe place to share and bond with women in similar life circumstances
- Career development to help you choose training for an occupation that matches your interests, abilities, and the current job market
- Job search skills including learning to network, resume writing, and interviewing
- Computer training to help you become comfortable with current technology
- Workshops to help manage your transition to self-sufficiency
- Community referrals to assist with various needs
The mission of Displaced Homemakers Services at Brookdale Community College is to assist displaced homemakers achieve their goals of emotional and financial self-sufficiency. We help women become empowered to make their own decisions, and upgrade and/or obtain skills to support themselves and their families.
Read the stories of women who successfully met their challenges!
Take the first step today! Call us to determine your eligibility and schedule an in-person appointment if you are eligible. If you are not, we will do our best to point you in the right direction and locate additional resources.
Services are free and are provided at four convenient Brookdale locations.
Laurie Salka, Program Administrator
Brookdale at Long Branch
Long Branch, NJ 07740
Brookdale at Hazlet *
1 Crown Plaza
Hazlet, NJ 07730
765 Newman Springs Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Freehold Campus *
3680 Route 9 South
Freehold, NJ 07728
*limited services available
Displaced Homemakers Services at Brookdale Community College provides this free service through funding from the New Jersey Department of Children and Family Services Division on Women.