International Students

Brookdale Community College is home to over 100 international students from more than 45 countries, making us one of the most diverse community colleges in the state. To learn about courses of study and the application process, please explore the tabs below.

Register to attend an Information Session for International Applicants.

How to Apply

Complete the Admissions Application and pay the non-refundable $75.00 Application fee.

All supplemental documents can be uploaded to your application portal.

Academic Records. Transcripts from high school, colleges or universities attended must show courses taken, grades and/or examination results. Academic records must be accompanied by official English Translations.  One such service can be found here.

If you want to receive transfer credits towards your Brookdale degree from a university you attended in your home country, your transcript must be evaluated by an approved credential evaluation agency. Click here for a list of agencies approved by Brookdale. We recommend SpanTran or World Education Services. The evaluation of your university records must include a course-by-course evaluation.

Proof of English Proficiency. Applicants whose native language is not English can show English proficiency in one of the following ways:

a. Emailing to schedule a short video chat with our ESL Administrator or

b. Submitting a transcript from an academic institution showing coursework completed in English, or

c. Submitting results of the SAT or ACT exam, or

d. Submitting results of an English Proficiency Test


Test                                   Minimum Score

Duolingo                              75

IELTS                                     5

PearsonPTE                        42

TOEFL                                  46

Note: After arrival in Brookdale, most international students are required to take an English Placement test before registering for classes. The score received on this test determines placement into ESL or Academic classes.

Statement of Financial Support
– International students are required to show they have the finances necessary to live and take classes in New Jersey for the duration of their stay at Brookdale.

Bank Statement. You or your sponsor must provide a bank statement dated no older than six months prior to the date of your planned enrollment.

Passport /Evidence of Current Immigration Status. We will need copies of all of your immigration documents including: passport biographical and visa pages, your most recent I-94, any previous I-20 forms, any previous DS 2019 forms, and any EAD cards.


Deadlines to Apply

On Campus Programs. We accept F-1 international students for the Fall and Spring semesters.

Term                                                 Recommended Application Deadline

Fall (September – December)     June 1

Spring (January – May)                 October 1

Late applications will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.  We recommend you begin the application process at least 6 months before the start of the semester.

Online Programs. We accept students for Fall (September-December), Spring (January-May) and Summer (May-August ) semesters.  We suggest that students apply at least two weeks before the start of the semester.

Programs of Study

Brookdale offers nearly 80 Degree and Certificate Programs along with a growing number of  Online Degrees.


English as a Second Language

We also offer an English as a Second Language (ESL) program. Our program is ideal for students who have some knowledge of English, but are not yet ready to be in class with native speakers. Classes range from high beginner to advanced.

For additional information, please contact Ms. Synde Kaufman, ESL Administrator,, or 732-224-2656. You can also visit our ESL Website.

Tuition & Fees

In-Person Instruction. International Students (students in F-1 status) are charged tuition at the out-of-state rate. For one academic year (2 semesters) of full-time studies, the expected fees and expenses are the following:

Tuition and Fees $  8,112
Living Expenses $19,000
Books and Supplies $  2,000
Total $29,112
  • For each dependent, add $5,380

Online Instruction. For one academic year (2 semesters) of full-time studies, the expected fees and expenses are as follows:

Tuition and Fees $5,066
Books and Supplies $2,000
Total $7,066

Online students can study part-time or full-time.

International students are not eligible to apply for Federal Financial Aid. However, our tuition is significantly less than that of a four-year college or university. This allows you to save a lot of money during the first two years of your university education in the U.S.

Tuition and fees are subject to change. Please be aware that fees are higher for Automotive, Culinary, Nursing, Radiological Technology, and Respiratory programs. Please email for details.

Acceptance to Brookdale

If you meet the admission requirements, the International Education Center will send you a letter of acceptance and an I-20 form.  You will use both of these documents to apply for a student visa at the U.S Embassy or Consulate in your home country, or to apply for a change of status (to F-1) if you are currently in the U.S.

Visit our pre-arrival pages to learn about applying for your visa.

Contact Us

International Education Center
Brookdale Community College
765 Newman Springs Road, MAC 114
Lincroft, NJ 07738

phone 732-224-2799; fax 732-224-1913