Financial Aid at Brookdale
The mission of the Office of Financial Aid is to increase opportunities for student access in higher education, to succeed by helping students and their families seek, obtain, and make the best use of all financial resources. We will work together to provide service in a timely, equitable and caring manner, in full support of the community, College, and comply with all governing agencies. Emphasis is placed on the electronic steps of applying for financial aid, providing students links to the latest financial aid web sites, and providing students with the ability to check their financial aid status online.
Brookdale Community College is an Equal Opportunity educational institution. In order to promote this goal, the College makes positive efforts to ensure equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We at Brookdale encourage all current and perspective students to file a FAFSA. Doing so may provide opportunities to assist you in financing your education and is worth the effort. If you need assistance with completing your FAFSA, schedule an appointment with a FAFSA Coach here.
Remember, students must have completed their Admissions process and entered their social security number on their Admissions Application before they can receive notification from the Financial Aid Office. Processing begins each April. If you do not have a Social Security number complete the Alternative FAFSA.
- 2022-2023 – If you are applying for financial aid for classes you attend between September 2022 and July 2023, you must complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA.
- 2023-2024 – If you are applying for financial aid for classes you attend between September 2023 and July 2024, you must complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA.
- Make an appointment with a FAFSA Coach
- Join a virtual FAFSA Completion Workshop
- Special Circumstances: If a student’s or family financial situation has changed since filing the FAFSA, a student may request a Request for Special Circumstance Review. Forms are located on the Forms and Publication Page. Once your request is complete, you can expect a response in 3-10 days,
- Unusual Circumstances/Dependency Override: If you have extraordinary reasons for not being able to provide parent information on your FAFSA, you may request a Dependency Override. Forms are located on the Forms and Publication Page. Once your request is complete, you can expect a response in 3-10 days.
The pages within the financial aid website are informative and plentiful. Please take a look around! For now here are a couple of links to get you started:
We wish you well on your journey!