Network Technology and Cybersecurity
Start your career as a LAN and WAN network technology administrator
Important note to Networking and Cybersecurity students
The following courses are available online in the Fall 11-week semester:
- NETW-106-DE01B Intro to Networking TCP/IP
- NETW-107-DE01B Introduction to Security
- NETW-110-DE01B Intro to UNIX Network Admin
- NETW-236-DE01B Computer Forensics & Investigation
- NETW-237-DE01B Perimeter Security
- NETW-238-DE01B Hacker Tech, Tools & Incident
Learn the essential skills of network technology (TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Wireless, Security, and PC Repair and Maintenance). Design, install, configure, maintain, optimize, and troubleshoot networks using a variety of network operating systems (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), vendor tools (Microsoft©, Cisco©, and Juniper Networks©) and hardware platforms and protocols.
Upon completion of the program, you are prepared for numerous computer-related certification exams.
You will be able to:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network operating systems
- Configure, maintain, troubleshoot, &secure routers, switches, and other networking hardware
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies and assess their applicability to address the users’ needs
- Solve problems individually and in a team environment
- Communicate effectively with clients, users and peers both verbally and in writing
- Understand the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society, including ethical, legal, security and global policy issues.
Already, a networking professional? Consider our new Cybersecurity certificate.
Adding security skills and knowledge will provide opportunities for growth in your current job and prepare you for in the high-demand jobs in Cybersecurity.
You will be able to:
- Employ digital forensic methodology and labs to collect, seize, analyze and protect digital evidence
- Assess, manage and monitor command perimeter security technologies such as firewalls and VPNs
- Analyze systems and networks using common information gathering tools and techniques
- Perform incident handling by using appropriate methods
Learn more about Brookdale’s Cyber Center