Self-Service Leave Documentation and Information
General Instrcutions for Self Service Leave
- Documentation for Supervisors: Self Service Leave-Supervisors
- Documentation for Employees: Self Service Leave-Employees
Information for Hourly Employees & Supervisors
- Hourly Employees Leave Request and Approval:
- Only the primary position supervisor gets the notification
- Some Hourly Employees will still be using paper timesheets exclusively after going live for a period of time
- Leave Hours on a Timecard
- Once the leave request is approved, the leave hours are populated on the employee’s timecard.
- Employees are strongly advised not to delete nor modify the leave hours on the timecard.
- Supervisors are strongly advised not to approve the leave hours that are deleted or modified on the timecard.
- Timing of Leave Request Entry and Approval
- Should be entered and approved prior to or within the pay period in which the leave dates are included because approved requests will populate into timecards.
- If entered after pay period is paid, leave request is never reflected in payroll. The supervisor has the leave request approved and notify Payroll Office for processing during the next payroll.
Information for Full-Time Employees & Supervisors
- Timing of Leave Request Entry and Approval – Full Time Employees Only
- Leave can be entered and approved for dates in the past or future (within the given plan year).
- How the leave transactions are saved and leave balance is updated – Full Time Employees Only
- When a leave request is approved, daily leave “taken” transactions are saved and the requested hours are deducted from the leave plan balance immediately*.
- When a leave request is rejected, daily leave taken transactions are saved to reverse the original transactions and the requested hours are added back to the leave plan balance immediately*.