Why choose Brookdale’s Automotive Technology program?
It’s one of the most highly regarded in the East! Among your benefits:
- Our manufacturer-certified instructors and lab assistants
- It’s highly rated by the National Institute “Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- We offer (2) NATEF Certified Programs:
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S) Degree for General Motors GMASEP
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S) Degree for General Automotive (GENTEC)
- Articulation Agreement with Pennsylvania College of Technology for obtaining your bachelor’s degree
- Extensive hands-on practical training in Brookdale’s modern, state of the art equipment and facilities
- Brookdale’s 12-Bay lab area and four new classrooms with lifts
NATEF evaluates technician-training programs according to standards developedby the automotive industry, and recommends those programs that qualify forcertification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. (ASE)
ASE strives to improve the quality of automotive service and repair through the voluntary testing and certification of service technicians. (Brookdale strongly encourages all students to take their ASE exams as they progress through ourAutomotive Technology program.)
What’s the employment outlook?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, automotive service technicians and mechanics are “top” rated, with a mean annual wage of $41,400 increasing to $64,070 for specialist certifications and technicians. New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York are among the top states for employment in this field with New Jersey in the top five for annual earnings, and about 18,000 jobs available in the New York-Jersey City-White Plains, NY-NJ area.
Take a tour of our state-of-the-art facility! Watch for announcements about our regularly scheduled Auto Tech Open Houses, or schedule your own tour by calling 732-224-2747 or email email@example.com.
Brookdale Community College will be offering in-person classes for our Automotive Technology program in the upcoming Fall semester. However, due to COVID-19 and state mandates, we are required to limit the sizes of our classes.
Seats are filling up fast, so don’t be left behind. Contact Ryan Marlowe, the department liaison to secure your seat and begin your journey into the automotive industry.
Steps for enrollment into the Automotive Technology programs at Brookdale Community College
1. The first step is to apply to Brookdale Community College by clicking on the following link. Brookdale Community College Application
2. The next step is to take your placement test, and or, have your transcripts evaluated to determine what classes you are eligible to enroll in. To assist you in preparing for the placement test, visit the link below.
Testing Services and Resources
3. Congratulations! You are now able to register for classes. Please reach out to Ryan Marlowe, the department liaison, so he can assist you in your registration process. He may be reached via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. If you are using financial aid, you will need to fill out your Federal Application For Student Aid, aka FAFSA. If you need assistance in completing the application, please visit this link for assistance: FAFSA.
Thank you once again for your interest in the Automotive Technology programs at Brookdale Community College!