Why Study Philosophy?
Philosophy, for the love of wisdom.
- What is the meaning of life?
- Does God exist?
- What is knowledge?
- What is the nature of the self?
- What is right and wrong?
- What is truth?
- Do we have free will?
- What is the nature and significance of death?
Philosophy, to help develop strong cognitive skills and important intellectual values.
- Thinking critically.
- Analyzing arguments.
- Assessing value questions.
- Understanding theoretical issues.
- Constructing and articulating arguments with clarity, confidence and efficacy.
- Exhibiting an openness and intellectual generosity towards the ideas and arguments of others and other traditions.
- Presenting one’s own ideas and arguments with conviction and humility.
Philosophy, useful for many majors and careers.
- Publishing and Journalism
- Computers and Technology
- Religious Ministry
- Government and Foreign Service