Start your career in the fashion industry! Prepare for transfer to a baccalaureate degree, or start your sales, management, or buying career in the wholesale or retail fashion industry, through this combination of fashion studies, business, and general education courses.
- You will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the fashion industry from concept to consumer
- Compare and contrast historical costume dress to contemporary dress
- Apply appropriate visual merchandising and advertising techniques
- Demonstrate techniques and use of materials required to construct sewn products
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interrelationships between the consumer and the primary, secondary, retailing and auxiliary segments of the fashion industry