Liberal Arts Degree
Expand your options for transferability to a four-year college by majoring in Liberal Arts. The Humanities, A.A. Liberal Arts Option introduces students to diverse subjects that span literature, math, history, communication, art, and social sciences. Learn about culture, philosophy, and what it means to be human as you sharpen your analytical skills and build your knowledge base.
The Humanities, A.A. Liberal Arts Option is a flexible degree that provides students with a wide array of choices as they craft their major. Students are encouraged to speak with an advisor to ensure that they enroll in necessary general education classes before selecting from a range of Career Studies courses from humanities, social sciences, STEM, and other disciplines.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in both speech and writing
- Analyze works in the fields of art, graphic design, communications media, dance, English, Journalism, music, speech, theater, and/or gain competence in the use of a foreign language
- Recognize the importance of a global perspective and culturally diverse people
- Examine ethical issues and situations
- Understand the vocabulary, methods, and the major concepts explored within the Humanities