The Bankier Library at Brookdale Community College provides space and facilities for scholarship and research. We encourage anyone using the Library to report to the Library Staff any behavior that disrupts your scholarly use of the study areas or the Information Commons. Library staff have the right and the responsibility to enforce this policy. Anyone whose continued behavior violates this policy may be asked to leave the Library. Library staff may call Campus Police for assistance at any time.
Unacceptable Conduct includes but is not limited to:
- Loud or prolonged conversation, including cell phones and computer headsets. (For your own privacy and as a courtesy to others, use cell phones in the Courtyard or the lobby outside the Library.)
- Excessive / loud use of headphones
- Abusive, intimidating language directed at another patron
- Harassment, stalking, or voyeurism
- Use of roller blades, scooters, or skateboards
- Smoking anywhere in or adjacent to the building, including the Courtyard
- Being in an unauthorized area of the Library
- Remaining in the building when requested to leave during emergency situations or drills
- Unauthorized use of equipment
- Theft, damage, or defacement of materials, equipment, or property
- Leaving personal effects such as backpacks, laptops and books in a study room unattended for more than 15 minutes. (The unattended items may be removed from the room and turned over to Campus Police.)
Priority for Computer Use
The computers in the Library are primarily for students and staff doing work related to Brookdale and University Partnership courses. If you are using a computer for other than collegiate work, you may be asked to relinquish computer usage to someone else.
Those who violate this Code of Conduct may be referred to the The Office of Student Conduct & Compliance for disciplinary action under the Student Conduct Code or, where appropriate, to Campus Police