Digital Mammography Advanced Level Certificate Program
Coordinator: Kathleen Taggart, BS, RT (R)
The Advanced Level Digital Mammography Program is a post-graduate advanced level specialty education program that results in a Technical Certificate. The program is one semester in length (14 week) consisting of 42 class hours and 98 hours of clinical application. The student will work toward the performance of a minimum of 100 examinations under the direct supervision of an ARRT registered technologist or radiologist. Classes are held one night per week and clinical practicum assignments will be arranged at local hospital facilities. The Advanced Level Digital Mammography Certificate Program is designed to prepare qualified individuals to operate mammography equipment safely and competently to produce diagnostic mammographic images. Areas of instruction will include patient care, professional development, patient positioning and procedure protocols, breast anatomy, pathology, digital imaging, instrumentation, and image processing and retrieval, and quality assurance.
Prerequisites (Instructions to access prerequisite forms will be emailed to you upon registration):
- Current NJ Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist License
- Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT). Must show license and registration at first class. In order to sit for the certification exam, you must be registered for one year.
- Copy of malpractice insurance face sheet
- Healthcare Provider CPR
- Physical exam, documentation of immunizations, 2-step PPD, hepatitis B series, Flu vaccine
- Copy of clear criminal background check.
Note: Textbooks required. Once registered, email Kathy Taggart at email@example.com to arrange clinical assignment at local hospital.
Wed, Sep 13-Dec 20, 5:30-9 pm
Fee and Code: $1699, XMEDR 005
No online registration available.