IV Therapy Certificate For Nurses
Registered nurses and LPNs will learn the skills to perform peripheral IV therapy including vein selection, vein cannulation and skill practice on artificial arms.
Areas Of Study: Current uses, types of fluids, trouble shooting, and understanding complications.
Note: IV supply kit required, call by Thursday, April 26 to order at 732-671-1200, option 2 (approximately $60).
Thurs May 3, 9 am-5:30 pm • Hazlet
Fee and Code: $169, XMEDN 166
Refresher Course For RNs/LPNs With “Simulation Anne”
For RNs and LPNs that have been out of practice less than 20 years with prior clinical practice. A review of body systems focusing on the latest diagnostic, surgical and medical interventions, and treatments, studies include theory, skills practice, resumé writing, and case management. Clinical rotation includes hospital orientation, bedside patient care, infection control practices, review of patient clinical records with computer entries, and medication administration observation with a RN preceptor.
- Students must submit all pre-requisite information by the due date or will be administratively withdrawn from the program and a $150 processing fee will be charged. For pre-requisite submission go to https://mycb.castlebranch.com/
- Current NJ license (RNs and LPNs) or inactive RNs and LPNs with approval from the NJ Board of Nursing Director at 973-504-6430 or www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/medical/nursing.htm and click on “reinstatement RN/LPN packet”
- Healthcare Provider CPR
- Physical exam, documentation of immunizations, 2-step PPD, hepatitis B series, and Flu vaccine waiver
- Copy of malpractice insurance face sheet
- Copy of clear criminal background check and drug screening
Note: Textbook and supply tote required. 100% attendance required. Clinical at area hospitals.
Class: Wed, Feb 7-Apr 11, 9 am-3 pm (no class Apr 4)
Clinical: Mon-Fri, Apr 12-20, 7 am-3 pm
Fee and Code: $1835, XMEDN 007
No online registration available.