As a member of the EOF program your EOF counselor is your SUCCESS COACH- he/she throughout your enrollment at Brookdale works with you to address “immediate” or “in the moment needs” but it is the success pathway partly built around school year goals and priorities that become the cornerstone to your SUCCESS PLAN.
Each year students submit to our program to let us know what types of school year goals/priorities they would like to work towards. Our EOF counselors review these with students and their SUCCESS PLANS in part are developed around a number of these goals/priorities.
Students may choose from a wide assortment of matters to discuss with our EOF counselors.
Listed below are the items in the form students may choose from:
- I’d like to get help writing papers for class
- Based on my interests I’d like to find out what student clubs I could join
- I have excelled in my studies and want to find out if I am eligible to join any academic honor societies
- I’d like to get support as a single parent as it is difficult managing work, school and raising a family
- I’d like reasonable academic accommodations based on a documented disability.
- I’d like to get tutoring to help me in one or more courses
- I want to gain practical experience in my field and like to find an internship or employment
- I want to complete a Study Abroad Program and need to know how I can prepare for this
- I want to learn how to prepare a resume, and/or develop my interview skills and/or conduct a job search
- I want to learn how to set goals and develop a plan to reach them
- I want to complete a degree audit to see what courses are left to complete in earning my degree
- I expect to graduate this semester and I want to file my graduation application
- I want to improve my study habits and like to find out how this can be done
- I could use some advice on how to better manage my relationships with my instructors
- I’d like to know what opportunities are available for participating in student leadership development programs
- I want to transfer to a four year school and need to start preparing for this
- I am interested in academic enrichment programs that prepare me for entering my chosen profession
- I’d like to learn how to make more effective use of the library and improve my research skills
- I’d like to discuss some personal issues so that I can try to not let them interfere with my studies
- I am thinking about withdrawing from school and would like to discuss this
- I am having financial aid difficulties and need someone to help me through them
- I want to make an appointment as soon as possible to discuss course registration for the next semester
- I need to know what kind of grades I must earn to get back into “good academic standing”
- I’d like to learn about available options I may use to engage in career exploration and decision-making
- I’d like to set financial goals for myself as I manage my future & learn to become financially competent
Your SUCCESS PLAN is further shaped by other matters of importance to you and always taking into account your personal concerns, family matters, and work.