Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Desktop Virtualization (VDI) is a software technology that separates the desktop environment and associated applications from the physical device, the computer, that is used to access the desktop and applications. Using VDI, all heavy processing moves from the local desktop computer into the data center, where high-end centrally managed servers do the same work but in a much more efficient way. Virtual desktops are accessed from any computer which has the Virtual Desktop Client installed.
Current Students, Faculty, and Staff
The Virtual Desktop Client can be accessed by clicking on the VMware Horizon Client icon located on student workstations in designated Computer labs on the Lincroft campus and Regional locations. Virtualized desktop images include profiles for Computer Science, Psychology, and Writing.
- Faster computing environment. Applications on VDI run faster than they do on a local computer with an increase in computing efficiency and improve the user experience,
- Streamlined centralized management of software installation patches and updates.
- Increased computer lifespan and reduces annual replacement costs.
- Environmentally friendly and reduce energy consumption costs. Thin client computers use 30 to 50% less power than a traditional desktop computer and produce less heat while operating thus reducing the amount of energy needed to cool the computer labs.
If you have an issue or request related to this service, the Brookdale Office of Information Technology’s Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The IT Help Desk can be reached by any one of the following methods:
- Create a Support Ticket: Using self-service to open a ticket gives you the flexibility to check on the status and add comments on a ticket and is the preferred method.
- Select the Help Desk icon from the MyBrookdale Quicklaunch to create a support ticket. Log in with your Brookdale email and NetID password.
- E-mail: HelpDesk@brookdalecc.edu
- Call (732) 224-2829: Used for emergency issues that require immediate assistance.