Students for Global Citizenship Club (S4GC)
Students for Global Citizenship is an official student club at Brookdale Community College. Members are active in events that bring about awareness of global issues to the Brookdale Community. We meet every other Thursday of each month during the regular semester.
- Improve the lives of others by promoting human rights
- Empower students to act and raise awareness about global issues
- Create educational opportunities (e.g., speakers, workshops, panels, action groups) to increase awareness and activism
- Provide resources for students seeking involvement in community service projects
- Collaborate with Brookdale-based and community-based organizations that are devoted to bringing about awareness and change
Each year, the club chooses a theme and works toward bringing awareness of the global issues surrounding the theme. Then members act by collecting donations or fundraising to support an organization or group in need.
2010 – 1 Human Rights – Human Slavery
2011 – 12 Poverty
2012 – 13 Hunger
2013 – 14 Water 4 Life
2014 – 15 Lack of Water Resources / Education for girls
2015 – 16 Global Health / Water Borne Illness
2016 – 17 Global Health / Health care professionals
2017 – 18 Immigrants and Refugees
2017 – 19 Immigrants and Refugees
2019 – 20 One World: Environmental Issues
2021 – 21 One World: Environmental Issues
Brookdale’s S4GC was cited in a 2015 publication produced by the American Council on Education as a “model from the field” for global and intercultural student organizations.
Faculty Advisor: Terry Konn firstname.lastname@example.org