- Is Honors at Brookdale right for me?
Do you have a determination to grow during your time at Brookdale? Do you desire a rigorous learning experience? Are you looking to enhance your potential? Is your GPA 3.5 or higher? If you have answered “yes” to these questions, then Brookdale’s Honors Program is for you.
- What are the benefits of participating in Honors at Brookdale?
- Special Honors Orientation
- Smaller, interactive classroom experiences
- Close faculty and peer mentoring
- Co-curricular social and cultural activities with the Honors community
- Designated advising and counseling sessions for Honors students
- Resume-building experiences, including participation in the Honors Symposium
- Opportunities for leadership development
- Opportunities for specialized research for the Honors Symposium project
- Enhanced transfer opportunities to competitive four-year colleges and universities
- Special diploma recognition
- Do Honors students transfer, and where?
Brookdale Honors students go on to attend some of the most prestigious colleges and universities; here’s a sample our students have transferred to in recent years:
- Amherst College
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Georgetown University
- Syracuse University
- University of Massachusetts
- How do you determine if I qualify?
You will need to provide the following documentation with your application:
- High school and/or college transcripts indicating GPA of 3.5 or higher
- High SAT or ACT scores may waive our testing requirements
- Letter of recommendation
- Required essay
- Resume or list of achievements
Please see the application for complete details.
- When will acceptance / denial letters be sent out?
Letters will be sent mid-May.
- May I still apply after April 15?
Yes, but at that point it’s first-come, first-served and once we’re full, we’re full. If you want to get in to the Honors program, get your application in early!
- Are there special registration sessions for Honors?
Yes, we do have special Honors Early Bird sessions.
You will receive complete details if you are admitted into our Honors Program.
- Is there an Honors orientation session?
Absolutely! If admitted, you will receive more information about it. All incoming Honors students are REQUIRED to attend, so put the date on your calendar as soon as you receive it.
- If my high school stats are insufficient to meet the requirements, would I be able to apply after earning a 3.5 GPA at Brookdale?
Yes, if the Brookdale GPA is based on a minimum of 12 college-level credits.
- What is required to graduate "With Honors"?
To graduate “With Honors,” students must complete 15 credits of Honors coursework during their time at Brookdale. Additionally, they must present a capstone project at the Honors Symposium, and graduate with a 3.5 GPA or better.
- What's required to graduate with an "Honors Certificate of Recognition"?
To earn an “Honors Certificate of Recognition,” students must complete 9 credits of Honors coursework and graduate with a 3.5 GPA or better. Presenting at the Honors Symposium is highly recommended, but not required. The Certificate is a good option for students beginning Honors studies in their second year.
- My question is not answered here: who do I contact?
After reading the FAQs and exploring the Honors pages and documents, please contact Professor Jonathan Moschberger, Coordinator, Honors at Brookdale at email@example.com; or Assistant Professor Cheryl Fencik, Assistant Coordinator,