Brookdale is an open admission college. We will accept anyone 18 years of age or older, anyone who is a high school graduate or holder of an equivalency diploma, or anyone who has been home-schooled and can document age-appropriate learning skills.Yes.If your parents are unable to assist with your college application, you should seek the assistance of your high school guidance counselor or the admissions office. You can also visit My (Un)documented Life. This website includes information on applying to college and graduate school as well as finding funding. It also offers advice from other undocumented students. Visit: No federal law requires proof of citizenship”No selection” is the recommended response for undocumented students because that allows the students to pass other questions regarding permanent residency and visa status that are not applicable to their status.You can either skip this question entirely or enter zeros. Doing so will not disqualify your application. You cannot use your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number or the Alien Number gained through DACA status.The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act prohibits school officials from providing personal information.No. What you tell advisors, admissions officers, and financial aid counselors cannot be used as incriminating evidence against you.No. Undocumented students, including DACA students, are not eligible for federal financial aid. However, if you attend an eligible New Jersey institution of higher education, you will be considered for New Jersey state financial aid – such as the Tuition Aid Grant Program (TAG), Educational Opportunity Grant (EOF), New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship (NJSTARS) Programs, and Governor’s Urban Scholarship (GUS) – if you complete the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application. Please see the link to NEW Financial Aid Information for DACA Students.Colleges use information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for aid. You may complete the FAFSA if you are a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen with a Social Security number, and you are encouraged to do so at Your parents’ citizenship status DOES NOT affect your eligibility for federal student aid. See the FAFSA definition (

You should complete the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application if you DO NOT meet the FAFSA definitions above or DO NOT have a Social Security number, and if you meet these qualifications:

Yes. New Jersey grants in-state tuition rates to undocumented students attending colleges in New Jersey through the New Jersey Tuition Equity Act. You can read more about the act here:; there are scholarships available specifically for undocumented students, but you will need to search for these opportunities. These websites include some of the options:

  1. UndocuJersey provides educational resources for undocumented students and documented students with undocumented parents who are pursuing a higher education. You can find information on events, resources, and timely scholarships. Visit:
  2. The Dream.US partners with over 75 colleges to offer scholarship opportunities specifically for undocumented students. Visit:
  3. While most of the scholarships listed here are for students applying to schools in California, there are also national scholarships listed. These scholarships do not require proof of citizenship or legal permanent residency.  Visit: