Brookdale’s Mental Health & Wellness Counseling Services has professionally trained and NJ licensed counselors.
Adjusting to the demands of college and difficult personal issues can bring about added stress, and sometimes students need some help coping with it all.
We can refer you to resources at the college or in your community should you require outside services and support.
*Confidentiality can be broken if there is evidence of intent to harm one’s self or others. In this event, we will inform only those people whose assistance is needed to deal with the crisis.
Support At Brookdale:
- International and Immigrant Students
- Disability Services
- Displaced Homemakers
- LGBTQ ALLY Program
- Sexual Assault
- Veterans Services
Support In the Community:
- 180 – Turning Lives Around
- 24-HOUR CRISIS HOTLINE: 732-780-6023
- Behavioral Health Services in Monmouth County
- LGBT National Help Center
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- NJ 211
- NJ Self-Help Group Clearinghouse
- Reach NJ
Crisis Hotlines: This link provides an additional list of resources for varying needs or emergency situations.
Asking for help can be difficult. You have options. You are not alone. You matter!
- Monmouth County Division of Social Services at Brookdale: 732-224-1983
- Need Help? Dial 211 or 877-652-1148
- New Jersey Hopeline: 855-654-6735
- Brookdale Mental Health and Wellness Office: 732-224-2986
- Helping Hands Lounge: 732-224-2025
- 24-Hour Crisis Hotline: 732-780-6023
- 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline call or text: 888-222-2228
- Addictions Hotline: 1-800-238-2333
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-572-SAFE
- LGBT National Hotline: 888-843-4564
- Monmouth Medical Center Early Intervention Support Services: 732-922-1042
- Psychiatric Emergency Services: 732-923-6999
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- Rape Crisis Hotline: 1-888-264-RAPE
- Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
In the event of an emergency call 911
Special Notice: Help and Support for Students in Crisis
Brookdale has special arrangements with the following 24/7/365 emergency resources to call If you are having thoughts of suicide or harming yourself or others:
- Monmouth Medical Center Psychiatric Emergency Services
Call (732) 923-6999
- 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline is always available to talk with you about any problem you are experiencing. If you are experiencing any form of distress or hardship, we are available 24/7 to problem solve, explore ideas, refer you to local resources, or just listen. Call or text us at 888-222-2228, visit our website at www.2ndfloor.org or download our app by searching “2ndfloor youth helpline” in the App Store.