Group Study Room Policy
The Bankier Library Group Study Rooms are available for the use of currently-registered Brookdale students.
The primary purpose of these rooms is to provide a place for students wishing to engage in collaborative and cooperative study in small groups. Groups of three or more currently-registered students always have priority when it comes to these rooms.
Individual students, or groups of two students, will be asked to relocate by Library Staff when currently-registered groups of three or more students wish to use one of these rooms.
There are 18 rooms available:
- Second floor: Contains 14 Group Study Rooms:
LIB 229-232 & LIB 239-248.
- Mezzanine level: There are also two larger study rooms, LIB 227 & 228, located off the stairways. These are for use of four or more currently-registered students to collaborate.
Current students can reserve these rooms for group study! The reservation rules are:
- Reservations can only be made by a student with a valid photo ID, in person, at the 2nd floor Circulation Desk. No telephone or email reservations will be accepted. Reservations for these rooms are only for groups of three or more students.
- Reservations can be for the same day or up to 48 hours (2 days) in advance. We cannot reserve rooms more than 2 days in advance.
- Rooms LIB 227-248 can be reserved. These rooms are designated for groups of three or more currently registered Brookdale students (or four or more, for Rooms 227 and 228).
- Rooms may be reserved for a 2-hour block per day, per group of three or more students, during library hours. If no other groups are scheduled, the reservation can be extended for an additional 2 hours.
- Reserved rooms not occupied 10 minutes after reserved time will be considered forfeited.
- Rooms must be vacated at the end of the reserved time, and at least 15 minutes before the Library closing time.
Rules of the Rooms
- Students in the rooms and Library must comply with our Code of Conduct Policy.
- Please clean up after yourself and report any major cleanliness issues to the staff at the Circulation Desk.
- Personal effects such as backpacks, laptops, and books left unattended for more than 15 minutes may be removed from a room and turned over to Campus Police.
During Finals Time
During the last 4 weeks of each 15-week semester, all group study rooms are reserved for groups of three or more currently registered students only. If you are an individual or a group of two students, and a group of three or more currently registered students are requesting a room, you will be required to relocate.