Bankier Library Group Study Rooms are available for the use of currently registered Brookdale students only.
The primary purpose of these rooms is to provide a place for students wishing to engage in collaborative and cooperative study in small groups. Accordingly, groups of three or more currently registered students always have priority when it comes to these rooms.
There are a total of 18 rooms available.
- First floor: Two group study rooms: LIB 128 & LIB 129.
- Second floor: Contains 14 group study rooms: LIB 229-LIB 232 and LIB 239-LIB 248.
- Mezzanine Level: There are also two larger study rooms, LIB 227 and LIB 228, located off stairways. These are for the use of four or more currently registered Brookdale students to collaborate.
All study rooms are Wi-Fi enabled for use with laptops, tablets, phones and other mobile devices.
Each Group Study Room contains:
- A mounted whiteboard
- A charging station for a variety of electronic devices
- HDTVs in 16 of the 18 rooms which students can connect laptops to
- WePresent boxes in several rooms that offer greater ease of collaboration
Groups of three or more currently registered students always have priority when it comes to these rooms. Individual or groups of two students will be asked to relocate by Library Staff when currently registered groups of three or more students wish to use a room.
- Reservations are taken for rooms 229-232 and 239-248. These rooms are designated for groups of three or more registered Brookdale students only.
- Rooms may be reserved for a 2-hour block per day, per group of three or more students, during library hours. If no other groups are scheduled, the reservation can be extended for an additional 2- hours.
- Reservations can only be made by a student with a valid Brookdale ID at the Circulation Desk for use on the same day. No telephone or email reservations will be accepted.
- Patrons using the group study rooms are required to comply with our “Code of Conduct Policy.”
- Reserved rooms not occupied 10 minutes after reserved time will be considered forfeited.
- Rooms must be vacated at the end of the reserved time.
Rules of the Rooms
Food and Drink:
Food and drinks are currently not allowed in the library.
Please clean up after yourself and report any major cleanliness issues to the staff at the Circulation or Information Desks.
Personal effects such as backpacks, laptops and books left unattended for more than 15 minutes may be removed from a room and turned over to Campus Police.
During Finals Time
During the last 4 weeks of each 15-week semester, all group study rooms are reserved for groups of three or more currently registered students only. If you are an individual or a group of two students, and a group of three or more currently registered students are requesting a room, you will be asked to relocate.
We wish to thank the generosity of the Brookdale Community College Foundation for the funds to upgrade our Group Study Rooms.