The Office of Information Technology is responsible for configuring, maintaining, and supporting the seventy-six computer labs, one-hundred-eighty classrooms desktop and laptop stations located, and the Audio Visual equipment at all campus locations.
- Knowledgeable, trained support technicians
- On-site software installs, upgrades, and hardware service assistance
- New computer set-up and configuration
- Fast and efficient troubleshooting of computer problems
Software Ordering Deadlines
Software required for the Spring Semester must be ordered by the beginning of November. Software required for all Summer Terms, Camps, and Fall semester must be ordered by the beginning of April.
Software Procurement Process
The following is an overview of the software procurement process:
1. Identify the software.
2. Complete an E-Req for the purchase.
3. The E-Req is forwarded to OIT for review and approval. It is essential that OIT reviews and confirms the compatibility of hardware and software before placing the PR.
4. All software is delivered to the OIT CSR (Central Software Repository)
5. When software is received, OIT contacts the individual who submitted the PR to coordinate an installation date and time.
Software Installation Request
Desktop Support Services will work with Institute Deans and Department Chairs to install the software in classrooms and labs for faculty and student use. Software requests should be sent to email@example.com by the deadlines listed below to ensure that the software is available at the start of a semester:
The request should include the following information:
- Name of the software
- Location (s) (Building/Room) where the software is to be installed
- When the software needs to be installed by
- How to obtain the software (Portal/Call to Vendor) etc.
- Clear mention of how many seats/licenses are purchased
- Agreement Number/License Codes/Vendor Contact/Tech Support Information
- Copy of the License or PO showing the quantity of the purchase and licensing terms (if available)
- Who within the requesting department will validate the post-installation functionality of the software
Monthly Lab Update Schedule
PC Labs are regularly updated. Click here for the Lab Update Schedule. The following software is updated for:
- 60 Computer labs
- 165 classrooms
|Applications||System & Utilities||Browser|
|Microsoft Office Suite||Windows Update||Edge|
|Adobe Acrobat Pro||Java 32/64 Bit||Firefox|
|Adobe Flash||VMware Client||Chrome|
Mac Labs are updated at the end of the semester or on an as-needed basis by request. Web browsers, plugins, Adobe Suites, Avid, and any specialized software are updated. To request an update for a particular application or lab, please submit a Help Desk request firstname.lastname@example.org. Updates will be installed whenever the room is available (classes not in session).
Technology Enhanced Classroom
All Technology Enhanced Classrooms and Labs are supported by Desktop Support Services. Technology Enhanced Classrooms and Labs are equipped with a computer(s) with access and to the Internet and audio and video projection capabilities for large screen display. The teaching station controls the audio and projection system. Faculty can control the AV equipment from the teaching station desktop screen. Please review the following Technology Enhanced Classroom (you will be required to log into NJVID using your Brookdale NetID user name and password) video for a tutorial on connecting various devices to the projection system and controlling the audio and video outputs.
Virtual desktops images have been configured for:
- Computer Science
Each image has department-specific software installed for both student and faculty use on and off-campus. Refer to the following documentation for accessing and using the VMware Client in the labs: “Using the VMware Virtual Desktop Client.” The VMWare Horizon Client software is available for download.
Refer to the Hardware Standard Configurations page for details on desktop, laptop, and printer models.
If you have an issue or request related to this service, the Brookdale Office of Information Technology’s Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Contact the IT Help Desk using one of the following methods:
- Create a Support Ticket: Using self-service to open a ticket gives you the flexibility to check on the status and add comments on a ticket and is the preferred method.
- Select the Help Desk icon from the MyBrookdale Quicklaunch to create a support ticket. Log in with your NetID username and password.
- E-mail: HelpDesk@brookdalecc.edu
- Call (732) 224-2829: Used for emergency issues that require immediate assistance.