Brookdale Standard Hardware Configurations
Click on the items below to view specific hardware configurations.
Standard Desktop: Optiplex 3020 Minitower
OptiPlex 3020 Minitower CTO (210-ABIW)
8GB, NON-ECC, 1600MHZ DDR3, 2DIMM,OptiPle (370-AADC)
US English (QWERTY) Dell KB212-B QuietKey USB Keyboard Black (580-AAQX)
Dell Logitech USB Optical Mouse (570-AADU)
500GB 3.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 Rpm) Hard Drive (400-AANO)
OptiPlex 3020 Minitower Chassis with Standard Power Supply (321-BBEL)
16X Half Height DVD+/-RW Drive (429-AAED)
Internal Dell Business Audio Speaker (520-AABP)
Dell 22 Monitor – P2214H (480-ABMD)
Chassis Intrusion Switch (461-AAAZ)
Standard Laptop: Latitude 5440
Latitude 14 5000 Series (Latitude 5440) (210-ABCM)
8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory (370-AAPE)
Internal English Single Pointing Keyboard (583-BBJE)
500GB (5400 rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive (400-ABDB)
6-cell (65Wh) Lithium Ion battery with Express Charge (451-BBDW)
4th gen Intel Core i5-4300U Processor (1.9 GHz, 3M Cache) (338-BCUK)
8X DVD+/-RW Media Bay Drive (429-AAIJ)
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11ac/a/b/g/n 2×2 + Bluetooth 4.0 LE Half Mini Card (555-BBHI)
Dell Professional 14in Business Case (460-BBCF)
Optional Model: Dell Latitude 3340 – Recommended for users not requiring heavy usage.
Dell Latitude 3340 (210-ABYX)
4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory (370-AAQI)
Internal English Keyboard (580-ABXF)
Intel Integrated HD Graphics (490-BBSS)
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Driver (555-BBSX)
500GB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive (400-AAYY)
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, No Media, Latitude, English (421-8067)
Non-Canada Orders only (332-1286)
Primary 4-cell 43W/HR Battery (451-BBIG)
No Wireless Wan Card (362-BBBB)
No Carrying Case (460-BBEX)
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 a/b/g/n 2×2 + Bluetooth 4.0 LE Half Mini Card (555-BBRS)
US Power Cord (537-BBBD)
Media Kit,Win 7 Professional 64bit,MUI,Dell OptiPlex, Precision and Latitude (421-5682)
Dell Backup and Recovery Basic 1.6 (637-AAAS)
BTO Standard Shipment (S) (800-BBGT)
Safety/Environment and Regulatory Guide (English/French/Dutch) (340-AGIK)
Software for Integrated Camera (319-BBBH)
Standard Networked Printer for Labs: Enterprise 600 M602dn with extra tray
Print speed: Up to 52 ppm
Memory: 512 MB
Media sizes: Multipurpose tray 1: letter, legal, executive, statement, 8.5 x 13 in, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7
in, 5 x 8 in, envelope (commercial No. 9, No. 10, Monarch), US postcard. Tray 2:
Included for lab usage: 500-sheet input tray: letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in.
Standard Networked Printer for department use: Laser Jet Pro 400 M401dne
This printer is meant for an area that has light-medium usage only. Not meant for labs or areas with heavy usage.
Print speed: Up to 35 ppm
Memory: 256 MB
Media sizes: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5×13 inch, envelopes
The Apple iPad and mini can be customized to fit your needs. The 16GB choice will be suitable for most users. If you need assistance in helping you plan your choice, please let us know at the Help Desk. We will be glad to have a technician assist you.
For information on the iPad mini, please click here: http://store.apple.com/us-hed/buy-ipad/ipad-mini
For information on the iPad Air, please click here: http://store.apple.com/us-hed/buy-ipad/ipad-air
Below is the tentative replacement schedule per model. Please note the list is subject to change depending on funding and priorities set forth by the college.
|Model||Targeted Replacement FY|
|Desktop: Optiplex 780, 980, 990||2017 – 2018|
|Desktop: Optiplex 390, 3010||2018 – 2019|
|Desktop: Optiplex 3010||2019 – 2020|
|Laptop: Latitude E5500||2017 – 2018|
|Laptop: Latitude 5520, 5530||2018 – 2019|
|Laptop: Latitude 5440||2019 – 2020|
To better use our resources, the PC replacement process is being adjusted to better serve the college:
- OIT will engage with Deans and department chairs to identify the computing needs starting in March and will go through a process of identifying unused/unnecessary computing resources.
- Deans/Division Heads/Departmental Chairs will work with OIT team to establish their priorities for replacing computing resources, when funding is not adequate to replace all targeted machines.
- This discovery process will also allow OIT to identify other academic needs (such as software requirements, installs, AV needs etc) and can help OIT plan better for selecting the correct hardware and software.
If you have an issue or request related to this service, the Brookdale Office of Information Technology’s Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Contact the IT Help Desk using one of the following methods:
- Create a Support Ticket: Using self-service to open a ticket gives you the flexibility to check on the status and add comments on a ticket and is the preferred method.
- Select the Help Desk icon from the MyBrookdale Quicklaunch to create a support ticket. Log in with your Brookdale email and NetID password.
- E-mail: HelpDesk@brookdalecc.edu
- Call (732) 224-2829: Used for emergency issues that require immediate assistance.