Overview – Outlook
Brookdale Community College uses Microsoft’s Cloud Hosted Exchange as the email application for staff and faculty. Microsoft Exchange offers comprehensive email, calendaring and collaboration tools. These tools are integrated with email services on Exchange so you can arrange meetings with your colleagues more efficiently, view calendars of those who have granted you permission, schedule rooms and resources, and create to-do lists.
Students, Faculty and Staff
- Students can use the Office 365 icon from the MyBrookdale link on the Brookdale website to access the Outlook Web Access Client. Enter your complete email address (email@example.com) and NetID password.
- Staff and Faculty who have been issued a desktop or laptop can access their email from Microsoft Outlook Desktop Client.
- Staff and Faculty who have not been issued a desktop or laptop, can use the Office 365 icon from the MyBrookdale link on the Brookdale website to access the Outlook Web Access Client. Enter your complete email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and NetID password.
- Quota – The default quota for accounts is 50GB.
- Email – read your mail with Outlook or other supported desktop clients and mobile device clients, or through Outlook Web Access from the Office 365 portal.
- Calendaring – manage your own schedule and look at the free/busy time of others to more easily book appointments and meetings.
- Address books – access Brookdale Community College’s Global Address List or manage your contacts with centralized address books.
- Synchronization – keep your email, contacts, and calendar updated and in sync between your computers and mobile devices.
View Self-Help Resources:
If you have an issue or request related to this service, the Brookdale Office of Information Technology’s Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The IT Help Desk can be reached by any one of the following methods:
•Call: (732) 224-2829