Student Ambassadors are trained student-leader employees who represent Brookdale in a variety of ways: by managing operational aspects of the Warner Student Life Center and the information desk of the Center for Admissions and Registration (CAR), providing support for a wide range of events and activities sponsored by the departments of Student Life & Activities and Admissions, and by acting as the small group leaders at new student orientation. Our Student Ambassadors are the public face of the college.
Student Ambassadors work with the public, campus staff and students while always demonstrating respect, teamwork, cooperation, integrity, courteousness and professional behavior.
Student Ambassadors are part of an exciting group – you will be challenged to perform an excellent job of helping other students, prospective students and community members, while earning a paycheck and improving your leadership skills.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 (may be waived for first year students)
- Candidate must be registered for at least 6 credits in the semester
- Completed at least one 15-week semester or a total of 12 credits (may be waived for first year students)
- Be willing to commit to an agreed-upon schedule for at least one semester
- Be willing to adhere to the Ambassador Dress Code and present a well-groomed and professional appearance
- Be able to participate in Fall and Winter training as well as the weekly team meeting (Mondays 4pm-5pm)
If you have questions, please call the Student Life office at 732-224-2788.
Student Ambassador Leadership Institute (SALI)
The Student Ambassador Leadership Institute (SALI) is a supplemental training experience that compliments the training that Ambassadors receive in their assigned work areas. SALI provides training sessions in areas that will be beneficial not only in the Ambassador position, but also in the students’ personal and professional lives beyond Brookdale.
Training sessions are mandatory for Ambassadors and are scheduled during the weekly team meeting. Training may be opened to other students on a limited basis.