Applying for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Eligibility
Brookdale is actively seeking to remove all economic barriers for those who desire a college education, but who encounter difficulty in achieving this goal because of their financial circumstances.
In order to receive financial aid at Brookdale Community College you must:
- Have a High School diploma or GED
- Be admitted and matriculated in a degree or certificate program at Brookdale and have a valid SS# on file which matches your FAFSA..
- Be a US. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen to qualify for Federal Aid.
- Not be in default of a student loan, or owe a refund on any federal grant as stated in the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Click here to check your status with NSLDS.
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by federal, state and/or Brookdale regulations.
Applying for Financial Aid
Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA)
If you are not able to complete a FAFSA because you are not a US Citizen or an eligible non-citizen, you may be eligible to apply for an Alternative TAG.
- Special Circumstances: If a student’s or family financial situation has changed since filing the FAFSA, a student may request a Request for Special Circumstance Review. Forms are located on the Forms and Publication Page. Once your request is complete, you can expect the response within 3 to 10 days,
- Unusual Circumstances/Dependency Override: If you have extraordinary reasons for not being able to provide parent information on your FAFSA, you may request a Dependency Override. Forms are located on the Forms and Publication Page. Once your request is complete, you can expect a response within 3-10 days.
Apply early! The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed October 1st each year and since the income needed is two years prior, your appropriate tax forms will be already be completed.
Complete your FAFSA online: It’s very easy and processing results usually take only one to two weeks. It is recommended that you use the IRS Data Retrieval Process when completing your FAFSA. If you use the IRS Data Retrieval, if selected for verification, you will not be required to submit your IRS Federal Tax Transcript to the school. You will need to know our Federal School Code #008404.Before applying on-line you may also apply for an FSA ID, or apply while you are completing the FAFSA on-line.. The FSA ID will serve as your electronic signature and avoid the necessity to print and mail a signature page with your on-line FAFSA. Parents of dependent students should also apply for an FSA ID! Click here to apply for a FSA ID.