Financial Aid Eligibility
Brookdale is actively seeking to remove all economic barriers for those who desire a college education, but who encounter difficulty in achieving this goal because of their financial circumstances.
In order to receive financial aid at Brookdale Community College you must:
- Have a High School diploma or GED
- Be admitted and matriculated in a degree or certificate program at Brookdale and have a valid SS# on file which matches your FAFSA..
- Be a US. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Be registered with Selective Service, if you are a male. Click here to Register with Selective Service.
- Not be in default of a student loan, or owe a refund on any federal grant as stated in the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Click here to check your status with NSLDS.
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by federal, state and/or Brookdale regulations.
Applying for Financial Aid
Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).
Apply early! The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed as soon as the appropriate tax forms are completed.
Complete your FAFSA online: It’s very easy and processing results usually take only one to two weeks. It is recommended that you use the IRS Data Retrieval Process when completing your FAFSA. If you use the IRS Data Retrieval, if selected for verification, you will not be required to submit your IRS Federal Tax Transcript to the school You will need to know our Federal School Code #008404.Before applying on-line you may also apply for an FSA ID, or apply while you are completing the FAFSA on-line.. The FSA ID will serve as your electronic signature and avoid the necessity to print and mail a signature page with your on-line FAFSA. Parents of dependent students should also apply for an FSA ID! Click here to apply for a FSA ID.
Can’t apply on-line?
For those of you that may not have a computer or access to the Internet, or just feel uncomfortable filing on-line, the paper FAFSA is available in the Brookdale Financial Aid Office. Click here for information on how to contact us. If you do not have a computer you are welcome to use the computers in the Financial Aid office in Lincroft or any of our Regional locations.