Things you should know if you apply for Financial Aid
If you completed your FAFSA be sure that you have included Brookdale School code 008404. We will notify you once you have competed your Admissions application and your information including your social security number has been entered to the College system. Once you hear from us be sure to access Financial Aid Self-Service in WebAdvisor! This link gives the financial aid applicant a secure place to review their checklist, application status, financial aid awards, and other important information. The Home Page of Financial Aid Self-Service is full of additional links and resources!
We are pleased to provide you with a Financial Aid link in WebAdvisor Self Service. This Financial Aid link gives you a secure site to review your Financial Aid Required Documents Checklist, FAFSA application status, Financial Aid offers, and other important information, found in Resources and Helpful Links.
How Do I Access the Financial Aid link in Webadvisor Self Service?
- Visit brookdalecc.edu and click on My Brookdale at the top right of the page.
- Click NetID to look up your Brookdale credentials if you do not know them.
- On the top of your screen click on the WebAdvisor Self Service icon.
- Sign in with your Brookdale credentials and click on the Web Advisor Self Service
- Click on the Financial Aid link. Your Financial Aid Checklist will appear once you have filed your 23-24 FAFSA.
Financial Aid Process at Brookdale
- Review your Financial Aid Required Documents Checklist in the Financial Aid link Webadvisor Self Service.
- If your FAFSA is selected for Federal Verification, the link on your Checklist will direct you to the ProVerifier+ portal where you can see what verification documentation is needed along with submission instructions. Log into your ProVerifier+ portal using your full Brookdale email address and your password. You will have to complete and upload documents to their site.
- An email will be sent from ProVerifier+ to your Brookdale email account once your verification is complete. Your Financial Aid Checklist will update to a complete status approximately 5 days later.
- Other documents may also appear on your Financial Aid Checklist. For those items that require “action needed” you will be instructed to submit documents requested online through a secure website called MappingXpress. Use the ‘Upload your documents’-MappingXpress link under Resources on the right-hand side of the page.
- Once your Financial Aid Checklist is complete, your financial aid eligibility will be determined, and you will be sent an email to your Brookdale email address to go review your financial aid offer. You can also check your financial aid offer in the Financial Aid link in Webadvisor Self Service. Offers are processed weekly.
- All financial aid offers in the Financial Aid link are based upon Full Time status (12+ credits) and will be prorated based on your eligible credits. State aid requires a minimum of 6 credits.
- Once you are registered for classes, the Student Finance-Account Activity link in WebAdvisor Self Service will display your anticipated award which is based on your eligible credits, the day after you register.
- If you do not qualify for grants, you may apply for a Federal Direct Student Loan. Brookdale does not automatically offer student loans. If you plan to take out a Federal Direct Student Loan, go to Financial Aid link in Webadvisor Self Service and click on Request NEW Loan (FALL/SPRING).
- First time Federal Direct Student Loan borrowers must complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov.
- You must be registered for 6 eligible credits at the time of disbursement of your Federal Direct Student Loan.
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
- If your financial aid offer in the Financial Aid link does not match your anticipated offer eligibility displayed in Student Finance-Account Activity, it could be for one of these reasons:
- Federal financial aid will NOT pay for registered credits in classes that are not required for your current program (major). Review your courses and degree requirements through Student Planning/Plan Courses/View Progress Towards Degree in WebAdvisor Self Service. Courses listed under Other Courses at the bottom of the screen are not eligible for federal financial aid. Speak to an Advisor if you have any questions.
- Federal Financial Aid will NOT pay for a class that you have taken twice and passed at least once.
- Federal Financial Aid will NOT pay for more than 30 attempted remedial credits (Foundational Studies).
- Federal Financial Aid will NOT pay for classes you never attended, as reported by your faculty. You will be notified by the Registrar’s office. You can also check the status in your WebAdvisor Self Service under Academics à Grades.
- You, the financial aid applicant, must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) after each term, as defined by Brookdale Community College Office of Financial Aid, in order to continue to receive any source of financial aid. Review your status and the SAP policy in the Financial Aid link.
Financial Aid Refunds
- If your Student Finance-Account Activity link displays a credit balance (- minus sign), you may use that amount towards purchases in the Brookdale College Store, beginning two weeks prior to the start of the term and until the end of add/drop period of each term.
- If you qualify for a refund after your tuition, fees, and book charges are paid and want your refund directly deposited to your bank account, sign on to WebAdvisor Self Service and select the Banking Information link.
- If you have a credit balance and do not sign up for direct deposit, a check will be mailed to your home address located on your Brookdale record.
- The Cashier’s Office will begin processing refunds within 2 weeks after the add/drop period of each term and will continue weekly throughout the term.
Special Circumstances– If you or your parent has had a drastic change in your financial situation you may submit a Request for a Special Circumstance review. The form is located on the Brookdale website under Forms and Publications
Unusual Circumstances– If you are not in the custody of your parent due to an abusive environment or other unusual circumstance you can submit a Request for a Dependency Status Review. The form is located on the Brookdale website under Forms and Publications.
All future communication will be sent to you via your Brookdale email. If you choose to opt out of email communication, please send a certified letter to the Financial Aid Office at 765 Newman Springs Road Lincroft, NJ 07738 Attn: Opt-out Email. If you chose not to receive email, you could be missing out on important announcements, however all communication regarding your personal financial aid record will be mailed to you using the address on your official Brookdale record.
Still have questions? Visit our chatbot, “JB”, at www.brookdalecc.edu. You can also call the One Stop Call Center at 732-224-2020 or email your questions to email@example.com.