Things you should know if you apply for Financial Aid
If you completed your FAFSA be sure that you have included Brookdale School code 008404. We will notify you once you have competed your Admissions application and your information including your social security number has been entered to the College system. Once you hear from us be sure to access Financial Aid Self-Service in WebAdvisor! This link gives the financial aid applicant a secure place to review their checklist, application status, financial aid awards, and other important information. The Home Page of Financial Aid Self-Service is full of additional links and resources!
Here’s how to access it…
- Visit the Brookdale website at brookdalecc.edu and click on My Brookdale.
- Go to NetID to look up your Brookdale credentials.
- On the top of your screen click on WebAdvisor Self Service.
- Login and click on Student and click on the link to My Financial Aid under Financial Information.
Financial Aid Processing at Brookdale
- Review your Checklist in the My Financial Aid link in WebAdvisor Self Service. If you do not see your status it could be:
- the Social Security number reported on your FAFSA does not match the Social Security number you reported on your Admissions Application. Please contact the Admissions office for information on how to update your record.
- You did not list Brookdale as one of the colleges on your FAFSA. You can go to FAFSA and “Add a School”.
- If your FAFSA is selected for Federal Verification, the link on your check list will direct you to our ProVerifier+ portal where you can see what verification documentation is needed along with submission instructions. You will have to complete and upload documents to their site.
- Other required documents may also be requested from our office. For those documents, you will be instructed to submit them online through a secure using the ‘Upload your documents here’ link under Resources on the right-hand side of the page.
- An email will be sent to your Brookdale email account once your file is complete.
- Check your financial aid offer in WebAdvisor Self Service, My Financial Aid.
- If you do not qualify for grants you may apply for a Federal Direct Student Loan. Brookdale does not automatically offer student loans.
- If you plan to take out a Federal Direct Student Loan go to My Financial Aid and click on Request NEW Loan (FALL/SPRING).
- First time borrowers must complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note at studentaid.gov
- All Financial Aid offers in the My Financial Aid link are based upon Full Time status (12+ credits).
- The My Student Account link in WebAdvisor Self Service will display your anticipated award which is based on your eligible credits the day after you register.
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
If your financial aid offer in the My Financial Aid link does not match your anticipated award eligibility in the My Student Account link, it could be for one of these reasons:
- If you were a High School Senior when you completed the Brookdale Admissions Application, you will be required to submit proof that you graduated from high school. You can have your high school send us your final high school transcript or you can provide a copy of your diploma.
- Federal Financial Aid will NOT pay for registered credits that are not required for your current program (major). Use Student Planning/Plan Courses/My Progress in WebAdvisor Self Service to check. Courses listed in the Other category at the bottom are not eligible. Speak to an Advisor if you have any questions.
- Federal Financial Aid will NOT pay for a class that you have taken twice and passed at least one of those times.
- Federal Financial Aid will NOT pay for more than 30 attempted remedial credits.
- Federal Financial Aid will NOT pay for classes that your professor reported you as Never Attended. You will be notified by the Registrar’s office.
- You, the financial aid applicant, must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, as defined by Brookdale Community College Office of Financial Aid, after each term in order to continue to receive any source of financial aid. Review your status and the SAP policy in My Financial Aid.
Financial Aid Refunds
- If your My Student Account link displays a credit balance (- minus sign), you may use that amount towards Brookdale College Store purchases beginning two weeks prior to the start of the term and until the end of add/drop period of each term.
- If you qualify for a refund after your tuition, fees, and book charges are paid and want your refund directly deposited to your bank account, sign on to WebAdvisor Self Service and select the My Preferred Refund Method. If you do nothing, a check will be mailed to your home address located on your Brookdale record.
- The Cashier’s Office will begin processing refunds within 2 weeks after the add/drop period of each term and will continue weekly through the term.