- Select a program of study (make sure your major and career aspirations matchup)
- Research four-year colleges that offer a degree in your major
- Use NJ Transfer and check if BCC has a transfer agreement with your next school
- Visit the college or colleges to which you plan to apply! Most colleges are hosting Virtual Open Houses and others are hosting small in-person tours.
- Meet with Admissions Representatives and College Recruiters via our Virtual Visit schedule!
- Schedule an appointment with a Counselor or meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss your transfer plans and goals
- Look up application information on the college’s website
- See what documents you need (college & high school transcript, SAT’s, letters of recommendation, essay, etc.)
- Request an admissions packet including an application or check the on-line application
- Check Transfer Admissions, Transfer Applications, and Financial Aid Deadlines
- Review Scholarships to see if applications are needed
- Check your degree audit and apply for graduation at Brookdale
- Complete the appropriate application(s) for your next school (Common Application or general application)
- Send official transcripts from all colleges (To request official transcripts from Brookdale, please CLICK HERE)
- If High School transcripts are required, contact guidance department at your high school
- Send SAT or ACT if required (only requested by elite institutions)
- Ask faculty members for letters of recommendation (if needed) and provide them with necessary information (forms, due date, self-addressed stamped envelope and your intended major)
- Follow-up with faculty to make sure the letters have been sent and to thank the faculty for their help
- Complete your essay (if needed) in a timely manner and double check to make sure it is error free. Make sure to save a copy of your essay.
- Pay your application fee (unless waived)
- Follow up to ensure that all application materials have been received. Most schools will send you an email allowing you to see the status of your application
- Send in tuition deposit!