Getting Started Checklist

If you are a new student interested in attending Brookdale, there are a few steps you need to take in order to register for classes.  As a new student, you are required to apply, take the Accuplacer exam, meet with an Academic Advisor, and register for your courses.

Follow the steps in this checklist

1)  Apply to Brookdale. We encourage you to Apply Online. You can also apply in person at the Main Campus in Lincroft, or any of our Regional Locations located throughout Monmouth County. There is a one-time $25.00 application fee.

2)  Take the Accuplacer Test.  Once you apply to the college, you must take the Accuplacer Test. This test helps assess your reading, writing, and mathematics skills and helps your Advisor place you in appropriate courses. The Accuplacer test is done at your own pace, and you should expect to take approximately 3 hours to complete the exam. Once you apply to the college, you will receive a Welcome Letter that will provide you with further information regarding any additional testing, if necessary. If you apply in person, you will be provided with a testing pass at that time. No appointment is needed for testing at the Main Campus in Lincroft. If you would like to take your test at one of our Regional Locations, please contact them for further information.

3)  Meet with an Academic Advisor. After you take the test your next step will be to sit down with an Academic Advisor and determine what courses you will be taking for the term. No appointment is needed, this is done on a walk-in basis.  Your advisor will speak to you about your academic interests, the results of your Accuplacer test, and any career or transfer interests you may have. They will assist you in planning your course schedule for the term, and will approve your classes for the term. After you have met with your advisor, you can register.

4)  Register for classes. You may register at the Main Campus in Lincroft or any of our regional locations. Remember, you will need to provide the VA Certifying Official with the required information once you register in order to start using your GI Bill® benefits.

5)  Complete and provide your completed GI Bill® paperwork to the VA Certifying Officials during Veterans Center business hours.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at