Registration cannot take place until the student`s application has been processed. Students with credits from other institutions or who have relevant field experience may be required to provide transcripts, or meet with Brookdale faculty or an Academic Advisor to determine eligibility for particular courses.
Degree students who are considered restricted must have their course schedule approved by their Academic Advisor before they can register for classes. Please see the information listed below regarding online registration to determine if you may be considered restricted from doing so. Students within these categories are generally considered unrestricted and can register for classes as long as they have met pre-requisite requirements and are in good academic standing. If you need to meet with an Academic Advisor, you can do so on a walk-in basis. For more information, call (732) 224-2555.
Students not registering online must register in person at the One Stop Center located in the CAR Building (use parking lot 5) in Lincroft, or at their Regional Location or Branch Campus.
If you are an active student (a student enrolled in credit-bearing classes within the past year), it is more than likely that you have access to WebAdvisor and Student Planning. Active students have access to a student email account and various other password protected Brookdale student sites such as WebAdvisor, Student Planning and Canvas. If you have access, please refer below to determine your eligibility to register online. If you have not attended within the past year, or you are unable to access WebAdvisor or Student Planning, you must register in person.
Can I Register Online?
The following students may register online without Academic Advisor approval. Students in these categories are responsible for ensuring they have met any required pre-requisites associated with the courses they are taking, they will not be blocked from registering for courses. They may be asked to provide proof of prior pre-requisite completion to their course instructor(s):
- Non-Degree Brookdale Graduates
- Non-Degree Graduates
- Non-Degree Visiting Students
- Non-Degree Students who have not taken the Accuplacer Placement Test (maximum 11 credits allowable)
- Non-Degree Students who take the Accuplacer Placement Test but waive matriculation (maximum 30 credits allowable)
- Matriculated (degree-seeking) students in Good Academic Standing (considered in a Satisfactory or Warning status), with 24 or more degree credits; no ESL or Developmental courses needed.
The following students may register online with Academic Advisor approval in the system. Students in these categories will be blocked from registering for a course in which they have not completed pre-requisite requirements. Most students will also be required to view the Student Planning Training information found on our Student Planning page as part of their online registration requirements:
- New Matriculated (degree-seeking) Students
- Matriculated (degree-seeking) students in Non-Satisfactory Academic Standing
- Matriculated (degree-seeking) students with less than 12 degree credits
The following students cannot register online and must register in person. In some cases they may be required to obtain special permission to register for courses, or may be required to wait until a specific date to do so:
- Non-Degree Fast Start Students
- Non-Degree Certificate Students
- Non-Degree English as a Second Language Students
- Non-Degree Senior Citizens (must be 65 or over)
If you are cleared to register online, you can do so via WebAdvisor or Student Planning – click on the red MyBrookdale tab at the top right-hand corner of any webpage, and then click the WebAdvisor button from the popup bar.