Tuition Payment FAQs

Our sign at Brookdale at Long Branch

What are the acceptable forms of payment?

Cash, personal checks, money orders and some credit cards are accepted. (Brookdale accepts MasterCard, Visa, and Discover cards only).

Checks can be mailed to Brookdale Community College, 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ, 07738 Attn: Accounts Receivable.

Please make sure your student ID is in the memo field and also that the check will reach the college by the due date to ensure classes are not dropped.

Do you have a tuition payment plan? How does it work?

Brookdale has partnered with Tuition Management Systems to provide students with easy payment options. Benefits of using TMS for our students include:

  • Plans available for all semesters except Winterim.
  • Plans available for any tuition amount or number of credits.
  • Plans available for students receiving financial aid.
  • Plans can be created directly from TMS via the web, phone or mail.
  • Payments can be made directly to TMS via the web, phone or mail.
  • Payments can be by credit card or check and can be one time or recurring payments.
  • Students can allow parental access for ease of payment.
  • No standing in line to open the plan or make a payment.

There is a $50 non-refundable fee required at time of application.

TMS provides an outstanding service to our students – and takes some of the pain out of paying tuition! Start by visiting the TMS website at or phone 800-356-8329. There is a convenience charge if plan or payment arrangements are made by phone.

NOTE: Please do not mail checks for full tuition payments to Tuition Management Systems as this will cause a delay in processing and may result in classes being dropped. Full payments by check should be mailed directly to Brookdale Community College, 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ, 07738 Attn: Accounts Receivable.

If you are receiving financial aid and it is not yet pending on your account, your payment plan will be established for the full amount due to Brookdale since TMS will not be aware of the aid until it is pending. TMS checks your account balance each month before notification of payment is sent and cannot reduce the amount due without permission from Brookdale. Once aid is pending you can contact TMS to reduce your plan amount due to the amount after financial aid is applied. If you set up a payment plan after aid is pending, you can establish the plan for the net amount due and TMS will recognize the amount pending.

Questions? E-mail the Accounting Office.

Who is eligible for a tuition waiver, and how do they work?

Tuition waivers are available to volunteer firefighters and first aid responders and to unemployed students. Students using tuition waivers may not pre-register for courses, but instead must wait until the first day of any term in order to register and have that tuition waived. Waivers will not apply to any classes for which the student has pre-registered. Students must pay application, general service, lab, and any other applicable fees at the time of registration. Waivers do not cover the cost of books. For information, call 732-224-2707.

Each student eligible for an unemployment waiver seeking to enroll in credit courses is responsible for filing a financial aid application and providing Brookdale with all information necessary to determine possible financial aid eligibility. If financial aid is awarded, the aid will be applied to the student account first and the waiver will only apply to the remaining balance. Any courses subsequently dropped will count first toward the waived balance and that portion will not be refunded. Financial aid will be used toward tuition and general service fees only unless there is excess aid which can then be used for books. Loans can be used toward books. Unemployed students residing outside of Monmouth County must also provide verification from their county college that the course(s) needed is not offered by their county college.

Click here for a copy of the Unemployment Tuition Waiver Request Form. Please read the request form thoroughly as it contains very important information. All students wishing to use an unemployment waiver must submit a signed waiver request form.

A person who is an active member of a volunteer fire company or volunteer first aid or rescue squad or association in good standing, and the dependent children and spouse of a volunteer, are eligible to receive a tuition credit not to exceed $2,400 (this is all persons inclusive not per family member) over a 4-year member service or up to $600 per year. To be eligible, the individual must sign an agreement with the municipality in which they are a volunteer, pledging four years of service in exchange for the tuition credit. To remain eligible, the volunteer, dependent, or spouse must maintain a “C” grade average.

A municipality which chooses to participate in the tuition credit program shall issue a letter of eligibility to the volunteer, to be presented to Brookdale, stating that the individual is a member in good standing of a volunteer fire company, volunteer first aid or rescue squad or association. All rules regarding pre-registration apply.

What is Out of County Chargeback Tuition Assistance?

If you do not live in Monmouth County and are a resident of NJ and would like to attend Brookdale, you may be eligible for tuition assistance from the county you live in. To qualify, your county college must not offer the program of study you wish to pursue.

Begin by registering at Brookdale. Once registered, obtain a letter from the Brookdale Registration Department indicating that you are registered in the particular program not offered by your home county college. Take the Registration letter and a copy of your registration statement to your home county college registration office. Each county college will provide further instruction on how to obtain chargeback paperwork and proof of residency. Rules vary from county to county and not all courses selected may be covered. Once these documents are obtained, bring them to the cashier’s office at Brookdale Community College in Lincroft for a reduction in tuition cost.

To be eligible for out of county chargeback tuition reduction, this process must be repeated for each semester. Chargebacks cannot be used for dropped classes.

For further information, please call Accounts Receivable at 732-224-2707.

Do I have to come to the Brookdale campus to pay?

There are two options available to those who do not want to come to campus to pay. Both are handled through Tuition Management Systems (TMS).

  • You can call TMS at 800-356-8329. TMS accepts credit cards and electronic fund transfers( EFT). There is a $5.00 charge to initiate an EFT over the phone.
  • You can pay on the web by logging into WebAdvisor via the MyBrookdale Portal or directly with TMS at

Do not make payments in full by check to TMS as this will cause a delay in processing and may therefore result in classes being dropped.

I have been awarded money by a sponsor that requires verification of my enrollment status. How do I obtain this?

Please phone the Registration office at 732-224-2267.

When is the Cashier's office open?

The Cashier is in the Center for Counseling, Admission & Registration, CAR (use parking lot 4 or 5). Hours are 8:30 AM – 7 PM Monday through Thursday, and 8:30 AM – 5 PM Friday. It is also open Saturday mornings from 9 AM – 12 PM. (During the summer we close a half hour earlier.)

A depository box is located on the wall by the cashier`s window, and is accessible at the above times. If using the depository box and paying by check, be sure that your student ID number is on the check, and drop in the depository. If paying by credit card please provide the card number, expiration date, your telephone number, the amount of tuition and your name.

How do I get Health Insurance

A state law signed by Governor Christie eliminated the requirement for community college students in New Jersey to have health insurance (effective Fall 2013).  Students who want to purchase health insurance should click here for information from the New Jersey Department of Insurance and Banking.