Registration cannot take place until the student`s application has been processed. Students with credits from other institutions or who have relevant field experience may be required to provide transcripts, or meet with Brookdale faculty to determine eligibility for particular courses.
Degree students who are considered restricted must have their course schedule approved by their academic counselor/advisor before they can register for classes. Please see the information listed below regarding online registration to determine if you may be considered restricted. Students within these categories are generally considered unrestricted and can register for classes as long as they have met pre-requisite requirements and are in good academic standing. If you need to schedule an appointment, you can do so by calling (732) 224-2555 or can log in to your “MyBrookdale Portal” to schedule your appointment through “AdvisorTrac” accessible once you log in.
Students not registering online must register in person in the Center for Counseling, Admissions & Registration (use parking lot 5) or at their regional location or Branch Campus.
If you have attended Brookdale Community College since Fall 2003, it is more than likely that you have access to Webadvisor through the Brookdale Portal (you must have an active student email account). If you have access, please refer below to determine your eligibility to register online. If you have not attended since Fall 2003, or you are not able to access Webadvisor due to not having an active student email account, you must register in person.
Can I Register Online?
The following students may register online without counselor approval (Prerequisite policy in effect):
- Non-Degree Brookdale Graduates
- Non-Degree Graduates
- Non-Degree Visiting Students
- Non-Degree Students who have not taken the Accuplacer Placement Test (maximum 11 credits allowable)
- Non-Degree Students who take the Accuplacer Placement Test but waive matriculation (maximum 30 credits allowable)
- Matriculated (degree-seeking) students in Good Academic Standing (SAT or WARN), with 24 or more degree credits; no ESL or Developmental courses needed.
The following students may register online with counselor approval in the system (Prerequisite policy in effect):
- New Matriculated (degree-seeking) Students
- Matriculated (degree-seeking) students in Non-Satisfactory Academic Standing
- Matriculated (degree-seeking) students with less than 24 degree credits
The following students cannot register online – you must register in person:
- Non-Degree Fast Start Students
- Non-Degree Certificate Students
- Non-Degree English as a Second Language Students
- Non-Degree Senior Citizens
If you are cleared to register online, you can do so via the MyBrookdale Portal.