Frequently Asked Questions for Continuing Education Classes
- Can I register for all Continuing Education classes online?
The following course offerings are not available for online registration:
- Contract Training
- Brookdale Literacy Connection and Math/Science Network
- Career Counseling
- Enrichment Opportunities Program
- Motorcycle Training
- New Pathways to Teaching
- Summer Camps
- Ocean Institute
- How can I pay for courses when I register online?
Payments must be made by credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- How can I register for a course if I prefer to pay by check?
Download the registration form and mail it with your check to: Continuing and Professional Studies, Brookdale Community College, Attention: Registration Desk, 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738-1543
You may also register at our office located in the ATeC building on the Lincroft Campus, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Can I register myself and someone else, using online registration?
No. You can only register yourself online. If you would like to register more than one person, please call Customer Service at 732-224-2315 between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Can I redeem my gift certificate online?
No. All gift certificates must be redeemed by mail or in person.
- The course I want to register for is full. How can I be placed on the wait list?
Please call 732-224-2315 or send an email to email@example.com with your request. Please include the following: your name, address, daytime phone number, course code, course name, start date, and time. If a seat becomes available, you will be contacted.
- Can I withdraw from a continuing education course online?
No. To withdraw from a course, please call Customer Service at 732-224-2315 between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- What is your refund policy?
A minimum $20 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds. Our policy regarding cancellations is:
- 14 or more days (2 weeks) before the beginning of a class: 100% refund of full course fee
- 7 to 13 days before the start of class: 50% refund of full course fee
- Less than 7 days before class start date: no refund.
There are no refunds for trips, ticketed events and specified training programs.
All refunds will be issued in the form of a check. Please allow two to four weeks for processing.
- Can I appeal your decision on a refund?
Under extreme, extenuating circumstances, an appeal may be considered, granting a full or partial refund. Registrants requesting a refund appeal must do so in writing, stating their reason, providing supporting documentation (e.g. medical note from doctor, accident report, etc.), include course name, course code, and start date. The appeal should be sent to Dean- Continuing and Professional Studies, Brookdale Community College, 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738.
- I have a documented disability. How can I arrange for a special accommodation?
Please contact Disability Services at 732-224-2730.
- I forgot my User ID and password. How can I obtain them?
Please call the Brookdale Community College Help Desk at 732-224-2829. A representative will assist you.