Health Science Option, Social Sciences A.A. Degree
Health Science Option, Social Sciences, A.A.
This option is designed for students seeking a career in health sciences. Students will have the option of finishing this program and transferring to a four-year institution to complete their Bachelor’s degree or transitioning to, upon completion of admission requirements, one of the College’s A.A.S. degrees in Nursing, Radiologic Technology or Respiratory Care as much of the general education course work is the same. The A.A.S. health science programs have specific program requirements as well as specific admissions requirements and application procedures available in the College Catalog. See Health Science Admissions and the Admission and Registration section of the catalog. It is important to stay on track to fulfill admission requirements for your desired career program.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Use social science theories and concepts to analyze human behavior
- Demonstrate scientific foundation knowledge and skills appropriate for students seeking a career in health
- Identify key communication skills essential in healthcare practice
- Debate the implications of health issues on society
- Examine ethical issues and situations
Transfer Agreements by Academic Program: Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between Brookdale and other colleges and universities. These agreements define how the courses you complete at Brookdale will apply to your future bachelor’s degree when you transfer into a baccalaureate program.