Brookdale STEM Internships by New Jersey Space Grant Consortium
A NASA – Sponsored Program
About the Program
The New Jersey Space Grant Consortium was established in 1991 by a grant from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The objectives of the Consortium are to develop programs to further space science, aerospace and general STEM education, as well as to foster research and development in New Jersey. For more information, please visit the New Jersey Space Grant Consortium website.
Brookdale Award Procedures and Requirements
- Be a US citizen (Required by NASA)
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at Brookdale Community College
- Declared a major in a STEM field of study
- Must have completed 24 credits with at least 2 semesters’ worth of program requirements for their major
- Have a GPA of 3.0
- Must be a full time Brookdale student during the Fall and Spring semesters when the internship is conducted.
- NASA requests NJSGC to conduct longitudinal tracking of its internship recipients. The internship recipient will be asked to sign a pledge to provide NJSGC information of their progress and career selection for a period of ten years after the end of the internship. Please note: Such information is requested only for statistical purposes and will be published only in aggregate form – names of recipients will remain confidential. The data will only be shared with NASA.
- The internship duration is one academic year.
- The cohort begins in September of each academic year.
- The interns must continue to make good progress by earning at least 12 credits each semester in their STEM program
- The interns must maintain a GPA of 3.0
- The interns should be actively involved in a STEM club of their choice
- The interns will successfully finish a STEM project by working one-on-one with a faculty person (preferably from their major area of study) and present this project at the Brookdale Student Showcase or Honors Symposium. Alternatively, the interns might work with a NASA center in summer.
- Underrepresented minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applications are due in July/August.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to be part of the NASA STEM internship at Brookdale, please fill out this survey. You will receive an email when applications are available.
Cohorts and Projects
Please click here for information about current and previous cohorts.