Introduction to Sports Management HOSP 130
This course introduces the student to the field of Sports Management and Sports Marketing. They will explore sports organizations and professions as well as gain an understanding of the management of the sports industry and sports facilities. Don’t just watch sports, work in sports. It’s time to live your passion and find a career you love.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define sports management and discuss the nature and scope of opportunities in the sports industry.
- Critically evaluate significant challenges in various segments of the industry such as youth, interscholastic, intercollegiate, and professional sports.
- Explain the relevance of ethical, legal, and sociological concepts to the management of sports.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of diversity through the use of unbiased language and an inclusive approach to sports communication.
- Identify the unique aspects of marketing sports.
- Discuss the influence of technology (social and digital media) on sports marketing success.
- Identify the types of employment opportunities available in the sports industry.
Our students have the opportunity to secure internships while in school as well as network with professionals from the sports industry through networking trips, guest speakers, and on-campus events.
This course may be taken as an elective and will introduce you to multiple career opportunities in a variety of industries including Pro and College Sports:
- Athletic Coach.
- Athlete Development Specialist.
- Athletic Director.
- Business Development Coordinator.
- Contract Administrator.
- Contract Negotiation Manager.
- Event Coordinator.
- Facilities Manager.