Political Science Degrees
Brookdale offers the following degrees and certificates in Political Science; click on the degree to read more in our online catalog.
This option combines political science and other liberal arts courses required for transfer to a four-year college political science program. Upon the receipt of either an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, a student may enter such occupations as Federal, State, county or local government service, political consulting, interest group staffs, political parties, international business or government service; the teaching of civics and history courses, journalism, law enforcement or law.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Communicate skills and content effectively in written and verbal forms
- Complete written assignments demonstrating skills of political analysis
- Explain political science methodology
- Compare and contrast political ideologies and theories of governance
- Describe the workings of a democratic civil society
- Summarize the content of important political documents such as the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the UN Charter on Human Rights
- Illustrate in written and oral form the diversity of global political life and the impact of such diversity on their personal lives
Brookdale Community College is an Equal Opportunity educational institution. In order to promote this goal, the College makes positive efforts to ensure equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status.